Baby, Baby!

Dedicated to somerandomhuman88

Sophie cascades down the stairs, nervous.

This is scary-the news she's about to give? It can make it or break it.

She really hopes it isn't the latter.

Walking into the kitchen, she smiles at the scene that lays before her.

Keefe's back is turned towards her, as he's busy making some delicious delicacies- their aroma wafting through the air, delighting her sinuses.

Even with gnomes around, he loves cooking dinner, and insists on making it every night.

And who is she to complain? She loves eating the food her husband so lovingly prepares.

She walks up to him, "Keefe?"

He turns around, his face lighting up at the sight of his wife, as he hurriedly switches off the stove, washing his hands and drying them.

Then coming up to her, he scoops her up in his arms, eliciting giggles from her.

He sets her on the kitchen island, wrapping his arms round her waist, pulling her close to him, kissing her nose gently.

"Hey Foster- how's my adorable wife ?"

" Hey yourself" she smiles softly, arms around his neck. "I'm fine. And really, really happy. I hope you'll be, too."

He tilts his head slightly, confusion written all over his face, "Huh? Am I missing anything?"

She sighs ,running her hands up and down his arms " Just promise me- you won't be mad at me"

"Foster, I could never be mad at you. Please tell me, what is it?"

She takes a deep breath, " Keefe, today I went to Elwin's to get some tests done- and before you interrupt me, let me finish. The results- they came positive. I- we- we're going to become parents, Keefe"

His breath hitches, as he goes rigid, eyes watering up, " You mean you're-"

" Yeah, I'm pregnant. I'm so-"

She's cut off by her husband, who lifts her up, twirling her around, as he brings his face up to hers, kissing her softly, passionately.

His hands tremble, lips quivering, eyes tearing up as he says, " Thank you so much, Foster- this is the best day of my life. I love you so, so much"

Tears threaten to spill down her face, as she holds onto him tightly, chuckling in between sniffles, " We're gonna be parents, Keefe. Parents! There's really a mini Foster- Keefe in there" she laughs, looking down at her stomach.

His eyes travel her gaze, as he puts his hand onto her now- flat stomach, " Yeah there is" he laughs through his happy tears, settling her down to eat their dinner.

Keeping their hands intertwined, they have one of the best dinners of their lives, occassionally joking and having fun.

Once the meal is over, Sophie stands up- trying to put the dishes in the sink.

She is stopped, however.

" No Foster, let me do it- you need your rest" Keefe chides.

"Aw c'mon- I'm only putting the dishes back. Ya know I can-"

She is cut off, as he takes her plates, setting them firmly in the sink.

Then, in one swift motion, he scoops her up, bridal style.