... Foster?"...Keefe?"

Dedicated to Agamya1807 ( for being that amaZhang bestie everyone needs)

When Sophie saw Keefe, the first thing she did was jump into his arms. As if by muscle memory, he had scooped her up, as they both clung to each other.

She inhaled in his scent, burying her face into his shoulder, as he held onto her tightly.

Both said nothing, yet emotions were conveyed.

This is what staying away for two weeks from your beloved does to you- seeing them? That's the best feeling ever.

Grady and Edaline had gone into the other room to give them privacy, and as they parted, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, nose and both cheeks.

Sophie couldn't help but giggle, "Hey Keefe"

"Hey Foster" he whispered tenderly, still holding her in his arms.

They both smiled at each other, contentment written all over their faces.

"Well, that was nice. We should be going to Edaline and Grady, yeah? We can continue once we get home" he teased.

Sophie's cheeks flushed, as she smacked him upside the head, "Shut up, Keefe"

"Make me" he smirked.

She smiled innocently, turning around and running, "Mom and dad are waiting!"

Keefe shook his head, smiling to himself, "Wait up!"

✨✨✨

Once Edaline had stuffed both of them with loads of scrumptious food, Sophie and Keefe decided to take a walk through the Havenfield pastures.

The gnomes had tended to the garden very religiously, and now little fairy lights hung from the trees all around.

It was truly a magnificent night, stars dotting the dark sky- twinkling and teeming with life in the midst of the seemingly endless oblivion.

Hands intertwined, they treaded slowly, whispers of the Havenfield animals dancing through the air.

"So," she began, "I'm glad to see Lyra's doing well"

"Yeah" he grinned, "She's doing amazing- I mean, her mood swings and everything are pretty under control, even though she's eight months through. She's handling everything really well. Plus, dad is also supportive- that helps, ya know?"

Her grip tightened, "Yup. How do you feel about having a new addition to the family- it's just a month till you meet your sister in person"

Sophie really did not know where she was taking this conversation, but she sure hoped that she'd be able to steer it to a point where she could pop the question.

She looked over at Keefe, and there was a sudden change in his demeanor. Well, he was acting fine, but there was something off.

As if he was scared, nervous, terrified.

Why would he be? She was the one who was trying to propose, for Eternalia's sake!

"Um- uh, Sophie, well yes- uh- I'm really excited about seeing my sister- I know I'll love her so much, but- I mean, ya know-"

He was rambling. Why was he rambling? Plus, he called her Sophie.

Something wasn't truly right.

"Keefe? Are you okay? You're rambling"

His cheeks flushed, " Everything's fine, Foster. Just- hear me out, okay? Let me finish first, and then ask? Will that be okay?"