The "because I love you" trope

Dedicated to Classicmeh  and ClarisseLaRue_1 for showering so much love and support! I love you guys sm🥰❤️

If you had asked 10 year old Sophie Foster what she wanted to do when she grew up, her reply would have been simple, really.

Become a lawyer, help people.

Fight against injustice, fight for what was right and make people's lives better.

She never imagined it to turn out in this way, though.

Here she was, just come back from a hefty meeting, when she had decided to do it.

It seemed the only way out, she thought.

Despite others' protests, she had to take this step, otherwise all their efforts?

They would all go in vain.

She scurried across her room, gathering the supplies she might need.

Glancing outside, she saw it was raining, heavily.

It never rained in the Lost Cities. Maybe today's rain was a sign that she had to end it for once and for all.

Draping a raincoat over her shoulders, she brought it up to her head, covering her eyes partially.

A small trickle of raindrop cascaded down the windowsill, as she felt all the weapons hidden in her clothes, cleverly disguised by Flori's expertise.

After double checking all the tools she had, she heaved in a sigh, walking down.

She knew she had to be fast.

Her inflicting on everyone would last only for so much of time.

She had done it mildly, not wanting to waste any time arguing with them over who will go and who wouldn't.

They might have started stirring. Hence, her hurry.

Taking one final glance at her room, she stepped down the stairs and outside, ready to face whatever came her way.

---------

"So you're finally going, huh?"

She whipped around at the sound, only to be met with a tall figure in a black raincoat, much like hers.

"Leave me alone, Keefe" she growled, turning back and continuing her way forward.

Of course he would come after her.

The boy really needed to stop being so impulsive.

"I won't go till you tell me what you're going to do"

"Fine, then" she turned around to face him, staring into his ice blue orbs.

"I'm gonna go defeat the Neverseen"

He burst out laughing.

"What?" She asked, annoyed.

"You're- you're gonna defeat the Neverseen like that?" he chuckled.

"Well, have you got any better plan? Other than arguing who'll be going, that is. They don't even know what they'll do but sure know how to argue for 5 hours about who will and who will not go"

He sobered up at her remark, "Yeah- well, you're right as always, Foster"

"Thank you- so let me leave now, I have to go finish this"