04

|| BALL ||CHAPTER 4

|| BALL ||
CHAPTER 4

NYX DE MARTEL WAS CURRENTLY sitting in front of her mirror.
She decided what to wear and what would be seen as inappropriate.

It was the day before Yule and she was nervous to see other people.
She hoped there weren't much people, but she knew that the ball is very filled with them.

Her hair was in big curls and reached now her mid back.

With shaking hands she took some make up to hide her brushing cheeks.
The rings on her father's fingers left some scratches and the place he slapped her was now bruising.

It took her 5 minutes to conceal them and she soon turned to her eyes.

Nude tones of eyeshadow made her eyes sparkling and the mascara made her eyelashes even more voluminous.

At her cheekbones she put on some rose blush and a blood red lipstick.

Satisfied with her appearance, she sighed and turned to her dress.

It was an one shoulder, red dress, which reached the floor.
A slit from the bottom to her mid-thigh showed off her long legs.
On her feet were black high heels.

Her ears were adorned with diamonds and around her neck was seen a delicate silver necklace.

Nyx had to admit she looked fabulous and extraordinary.
Once again she found herself pretty and hoped no one could it destroy tonight.

"Miss Nyx, your father asks for your presence. Many guests already arrived.", her houselve, Dorota, announced and Nyx turned to her.

Dorota let out a gasp looking at her mistress,"Miss Nyx looks very beautiful."

Nyx gave her a small smile, which could make everyone swoon.
"Thank you Dorota."

She made her way to the top of the stairs after leaving her room.
Many heads turned to her and they observed every step she made, searching for any mistakes.
Of course they didn't find any, because Nyx walked down gracefully.

Her chin was high, her back straight and her expression was emotionless at the sight of her delusional family.
God how she hates them.

"As it seems you finally found your way downstairs.", her father announced and took her arm, leading her to her family.

To say the conversation with her family was unpleasant was an understatement.
They threw her nasty looks whenever they thought she wasn't looking, but she noticed.
She wanted to laugh at them, send curses at them whenever they insulted her house in Hogwarts in any way.