26

|| HOME ||
CHAPTER 26

IT WAS DAYS BEFORE YULE AND every student was packing for returning home, celebrating the holiday with their family

Nyx didn't know where to go, Tom just said to pack and that they were leaving with the others, so she didn't bother to ask.

A knock on the door frame, snapped her out of her thoughts.
Tom was leaning against it, his arms crossed as he stared at her with his usual small smirk.
He wore a white shirt, a black coat over it and black suit pants.
He looked dashing as always.

"You ready, darling?", he asked, looking at her from head to toe,"The train is leaving in an hour."

Nyx wore a sandy color dress out of wool with an turtleneck, which reached her mid thighs.
She wore some designer boots and a black leather coat over it.

She glanced at him and nodded as she closed her suitcase, standing up with a huff.
Turning to her fiance with a innocent smile, he instantly understood the meaning of this.

With a chuckle he approached her, grabbing her suitcase as she grabbed her black handbag and the two left the room, locking it up with some charms.

"Merlin, did you pack everything you own in there?", Nicholas asked from the sofa, a book in his hands as he looked at the black suitcase Riddle carried.

Nyx rolled her eyes,"No, there are just some clothes, necessary things and presents."

"So—do we met up for it?", Abraxas questioned as he buttoned up his coat, taking his luggage.
The group began to move through the halls, towards the carriages.

Nyx shrugged,"I don't even know where I am staying, so I have no clue."

"Ah, I told you just to trust me.", Tom inputted, making Nyx roll her eyes playfully, while the other just exchanged secretive grins.

Nyx kissed his cheek and stated,"I always trust you."

Tom hummed with a small smile,"I would hope so."

"IS THIS THE MOMENT WHERE
you murder me? I didn't expect you to kill your own fiancée.", Nyx teased the boy, who lead her to some place she was unaware of, since she was blindfolded.

"We are right there now.", Tom announced, stopping her by her shoulders as he stood behind her.
His hands reached her waist and he squeezed them a bit.
"Are you ready, baby?"

The girl nodded enthusiastically and felt the boy untie the knot of the blindfold, before he took it off.
At first the squinted her eyes, the light uncomfortably blinding her.
She squinted them and a small gasp escaped her nude painted lips.

Nestled in a vast, open field dotted with wildflowers and framed by the distant silhouette of rolling hills, stands a charming, cosy cottage. The quaint structure is a picture-perfect vision of rustic tranquility, its stone walls and thatched roof blending harmoniously with the surrounding natural beauty. Ivy climbs the exterior, and flower boxes brimming with vibrant blooms sit under each window, adding splashes of color.

As Nyx approaches the cottage, she can't help but feel a sense of awe and wonder.

Tom, her fiancée, has kept this beautiful surprise a secret and now, seeing it for the first time, she is utterly enchanted and touched by it.

The front door, painted a dark shade of blue, creaks open to reveal a warm and inviting interior.

The living room is dominated by a large, stone fireplace, its hearth adorned with a collection of candles and framed photographs. Plush, overstuffed furniture in beige beckons her to sit and relax, while a thick, white, hand-woven rug covers the wooden floor, adding to the cosy ambiance.
Next to one of the windows was a big bookshelf in white, filled with some
books already.

To the right, the kitchen is a rustic dream, with open shelves displaying an array of crockery and pots hanging from hooks.
A large, wooden table sits in the center, perfect for hearty, home-cooked meals and intimate conversations or intimate moments.

The three bedrooms are equally enchanting, each with its own unique character.

The master bedroom features a king-sized bed with a wrought-iron frame, draped in soft, white linens and a patchwork quilt. A window seat, cushioned with beige pillows, provides a perfect spot for Nyx to curl up with a book, overlooking the beautiful landscape outside.

The second bedroom, designed with guests in mind, probably their friends, has charming antique furniture.

The third bedroom, though smaller, is equally delightful, with a cozy, double bed and a small desk positioned by the window, ideal for quiet reflection or writing.

"I—", Nyx was lost for words as she stared around agape.

Arms curled around her waist and she was pulled into a broad chest.
"This is just ours, our own home."
He kissed the nape of her neck and looked at her astonished face, making him grin slightly.

"It's perfect.", she whispered out, still looking around in awe.
Her eyes caught the photos on the wall and she approached them, looking at them as her eyes lit up.
"There is us. Then there is Abraxas and me. And all of us."

"They are our family.", Tom admitted and she smiled softly at him,"I mean they are until we have children maybe."

"Children?", she asked with wide eyes and stared up at him.

He hummed, putting some hair behind her ear and smiled softly.
"If you want to, of course."

"I would love to.", she beamed and pecked his lips,"Imagine little Tom's running around."

"I would rather like mini Nyx's"

With a fake frown she turned to him,"Why?You are so adorable.", she pinched his cheeks, making him cringe slightly.

"Maybe—", he started and a smirk grazed his lips. With a single move, he threw her over his shoulder, a surprised squeal leaving her mouth,"—we should try for a baby."

They found it. Their home.