17

|| I LOVE YOU ||
CHAPTER 17

"WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS when a person dies?Does it hurt?", asked Tom, laying on his back on a blanket, while watching the stars in the sky

"Why are you asking me something like that, darling?", chuckled Nyx, while stroking his hand with her thump.

"You are the most intelligent and poetic person there is.", he replied, than leaning on his side, looking down on the black haired witch with adoration.
"Now tell me."

Nyx sighed, but couldn't resist Tom Riddle.
"I actually don't think it will hurt. It will be like a short snap.", she snapped her fingers and added,"Fast and painless, that's how I think will we enter our afterlife."

"Afterlife?", questioned Tom as he stroked her black hair in a loving manner.

"Think of it like visiting a place after a long time and you see everyone you lost. You will have peace with yourself and your life before. Nothing matters there, who or what we were.
All it matters is that we are there, our own peace.", the raven haired girl explained and looked at the star constellations.

There was a small silence and Tom thought about her words.
Why does she make dying sound so—peaceful?
She explains it like it's a beautiful thing and that you will be free.
Oh to have such a positive mindset.

"I am afraid of the death.", admitted Tom as he laid down again, his head leaning now on her shoulder.

Nyx stopped for a moment, frowning at his words.
"Everyone needs to leave the world one day."

"I don't want to live in a world without you in it.", Tom said as kissed her shoulder and placed his head in the crook of her neck.

"I won't die yet, love.", she assured him, but then added,"I won't leave you alone."

"Never?", asked Tom in such an adorable way that it made her chuckle lowly.

"Never.", it was a promise and they both knew it.

They were enjoying being in each other's embraces, while thinking about their conversation minutes ago.
It was such a serious subject and they talked about it so easily without much emotion.
The problems was, one of them always feared death and the other one always craved it.

"Nyx, my love?", asked Tom quietly as he stroked her arm up and down.

"Yes?"

Tom leaned up once again, looking directly in her face.
He moved out some strands of hair out of her face as he caressed her face.
"Will you marry me one day?"

The black haired girl froze for a small moment, before looking up in his eyes, only to sigh at the love and hope in his eyes.

"The question is if you would want that, love?", she replied and smiled cheekily at him, which made Tom chuckle.

"I would do it right now, if I could.", was his response as she stared at him in adoration.

"I will marry you one day, Tom. No worries my love.", Nyx assured him and was one-hundred percent sure with this.

Tom hummed at this, smiling softly.
He leaned down and left a small kiss on her lips, while caressing her cheek with his thump.

After oxygen left them both, they pulled away with smitten smiles each, while gazing in each other's eyes.

"I love you.", blurted out Tom and looked for any reaction in her eyes.

Nyx didn't know what to say at first.
Tom was always emotionless to people and now he was talking about marriage and that he loves her.
Yet it wasn't a surprise, the Slytherin was always incredibly soft around her.

"I love you, love.", was Nyx response before crushing his lips on hers.