Chapter 8

"I, I don't know." My voice came out small.

Ashton was red, like really red. His hands were in fist and he looked like he could take someone out in one punch.

"Nicole, I don't know what to say. I like you. I like you. YOU NICOLE I LIKE YOU!" He was growing louder as he spoke. He was scaring me. Wait... Wait. He likes me? No no no. How could he like me.

"Ashton you're my best friend, I just can't think of you like that. I'm sorry but Ashton I can't." I curled up in the corner of my bed frame and started crying.

I felt Ashton next to me and he lifted up my chin so I could see him.

"It's either me or Calum. But if you don't know let me go." Let me go. What? No! No!

"Ashton what do you mean?" My voice squeaked as I spoke this can't be good.

"If you don't know about me or Calum then let me go... I know it's stupid but I like you. If you had liked me back you would have told me by now. I can't force you into liking me. The thing is, is even if you did and your mind went to Calum. Then it's him. If it was me then you wouldn't have fallen for Calum." He kissed my forehead and walked out my door.

---------

Hours of sobbing had past and it is 5 pm. The part after you cry is when you think. Now it's time to think.

Deciding I should go to my rock I pull my hair up put on shoes and get in my car. I would walk but I look and feel like crap so I'm just going to drive.

His words seemed to be out on a broken record in my head 'let me go' what does he mean by that? He's been my best friend for 12 years. I can't just 'let him go'.

I pull up in an open spot in front of the beach and start walking. I had left my shoes in the car just because.

Jumping rocks one by one I wanted to just jump in. The waves were rough and it seemed perfect. I won't though. I want to see what the boys become.

My foot lands on my rock and I lay down in my stomach and just think. Why Calum? I mean really.

All of a sudden it's Calum, his dark hair matching his eyes and his tan skin. The way his fingers felt in my hand and the way it made me squirm. The safety I had felt. Him and I sitting in this rock..

"Nicole?" I practically jump at the sound of the voice and fall down when I realise it's Calum.

"What are you doing here?" Why is he here? I mean really. My thoughts have to be interrupted by the boy who caused it all. He doesn't know what he does. He doesn't know what happened today with Ashton. He doesn't know I was saying his name this morning. He doesn't know.

"Well umm...... I have a lot of inspiration to write and well when we were here the other day it seemed like a great place... I hope you don't mind." He seemed at ease when he saw me sit down and motion for him to join me.

"So do you just want me to shut up and sit here or.." My voice trailed off as I know don't know what to do or say while he writes.

"No! I mean you don't have to I mean I'm just going to write and yeah." He got out a pencil and started to write and I wounded what he was writing.

After 5 minutes learned how he writes. He would look up for a bit and start to write. Then he would stop bite his lip fiddle with his pencil until his face lit up and he would start writing again. He did this for about another 30 minutes and I would watch Calum and watch the ocean. It seemed to Calum down more. Now the sun was setting and it was really pretty.

The orange and pink with a tint of blue and purple with the Suns reflection on the ocean water. I sat up and looked at Calum. He was sitting closed to the sun and I looked at him. He looked done and out his pencil down and looked at me.

"It's really pretty, I love the sun sets." I nodded my head agreeing with him and we both watched it disappear.

I started to get cold and realised what I was wearing. My pink loose pj shorts and a white t-shirt. Great job you sure did impress Calum.

I guess Calum notices and pulls me closer to him as neither of us are wearing a jacket.

In that moment I knew why I had wanted to be in Calum's arms earlier. It felt so right. All my problems faded even if it was just for the moment.

----•----

I hope you like it! I have been updating more and feel like I should get a schedule. I don't know.

QOTD- What's your favourite bromance in the band
(Mine's Cake)

Have a great day/ night!