Chapter 14

Ashton's back was not as comfortable as Calum's. That's one thing I know for sure. All I know is he laid me down on his bed and said goodnight as he left the room.

The thing is Ashton still thinks I have a bed time. It's time for Bad Girl Nicole *insert cool emoji* I decidedly wanted to go to visit an old friend as it is now time. Seeing its July 17 I have a place to be. I let time slip away but I know I have to go.

I creeped across the room and got set my back on the bed and started going through the clothes I brought.

I decided on some denim shorts with one of Michael's black Green Day tanks. To finish it off I just put on a flannel that I would more than likely tie around my waist and a pair of black vans.

I opened up Ashton's window and heard the door open. I quickly jumped back on the bed and saw Michael.

"I won't tell, in fact I'll cover for you. I understand you have to go have your fun, and by the way nice shirt." As he spoke the last words a smirk planted on his face.

"Um, oh I'm not going to have 'fun' I have to meet a umm.... I don't know. Anyways it's good I can trust you. If I'm not back by 5 am then tell just tell Ashton 'Jason' he should know what I'm talking about. One thing though make sure he doesn't call the police. If he gets mad at you then say it wasn't your fault, when I get back I will tell Ashton and you'll be fine." Out of breath Michael look startled. I don't know why but it is a lot of information. Jason and I go back..

"Look I don't want you getting hurt so promise me one thing. You know what you are getting yourself into. I would be fine if you were just sneaking out but if Ashton thinks he has to call the police he's serious." I just nodded and promised I knew what I was doing. Oh lord I'm dead.

Before he could say anything else I jumped out the window and darted for the road. Jason and I meet at the beach, so I know where to go.

Walking I felt tears fill me eyes and I shook that out of my head. As Jason use to say 'The past is behind us, we can't go back so stop looking.' Jason, I miss him. He is the reason for this though. He left when my mom did. Ashton was still my friend but Jason and I were closer. As both Jason and my mom left it hurt my heart. I couldn't handle it and that's when attempt 1 took place. My dad took all the pills and put them in a safe after that. A few months after Jason left though he came back, and he wasn't alone.

My shoes met the sand and I looked up to see the beach. I felt warm air but cold eyes. A lump formed in my throat as I walked towards Jason.

"Hello Nicole. Long time no see. Now you know what I want, and are you going to give it to me?" He twirled a knife in his had and I felt myself go numb.

"Hey Jason, long time no see. Wait to cut to the chase, and why do you think I would.. I can't just give you a person." The knife in his hands was clutched tight and I truly wish I hadn't gotten myself into this. It's for Ashton, I have to do this.

"Nicole, if you didn't bring him then you know well what happens." I know this isn't Jason. It's really not. The Jason I loved had a heart.

"Jason, should I even call you that, you aren't even Jason anymore. What happened? I mean truly. We use to do everything together. You were my first love. Jason you were everything to me. And now to see what you are just makes me dread life even more than I already do." Looking into his eyes I could see little bits of regret but that was covered soon with hate.

"Exactly Nicole. You were mine. Mine Nicole! You left me! Now it's my turn to make you hurt as much as you hurt me. Nicole you did this to me." Those words hit me more than he could. I felt like a deer in the headlights. Before I could recover I felt a fist in my gut. I bent down to clutch my stomach and Jason kicked my legs and I fell the the sand. Rolled onto my stomach Jason lifted up my shirt.

"This is what I felt." His words in a whisper as he sat on my legs and grabbed my head with one arm. The other he used the knife and slowly made a centimeter deep wound in my stomach. I wanted to kick him but I couldn't he would make the knife go in deeper. I didn't want that. Looking at Jason I felt myself built with many emotions, pity, rage, sadness, anger. Everything has just spun inside of me. The blade stopped and I felt myself breath again.

"Oh Nicole this is how I felt." With my shirt still up he kicked my open wound.
A scream escaped my throat as his fist met my face. Multiple times I felt kicks and punches, many uncommon noises escaped my mouth as I was in deep pain.

"Until next time-" Jason had started but was cut off by a familiar voice.

"NICOLE?!" We were down by the beach and Jason did the worse thing possible. He splashed the daily water in my wounds.

"AHHHGHHH" I tossed and turned and wanted it to end. I watched as Jason ran into the dark of the beach and left me to darkness.