Chapter 12

The waves crashed against the rock as I was laying next to Calum staring at the sky with his phone playing random music. We have been here all day and got up earlier to go get food at the little restaurants around the beach. In all honesty today has been amazing.

"So, how's life going. Be honest." Calum and I had been asking each other things and getting to know each other a lot better. Right now I really trust Calum, I don't know why.

"In all honesty, it sucks." Calum propped himself up on his elbows and looked at me.

"Why?" What am I going to say? ," Nicole you can trust me I won't tell anyone and I really want to know what's been happing these last few days and know if I can help with anything." What did I do to deserve a friend like this?

I don't know what happened but I decided to just let it out.

"Well after my mom left my dad and I a few years back we started getting distant. I had fallen into bad habits and became depressed. By bad habits I mean self harm. If you really want to know what happened the other day then I will tell you." I took in a breath and felt tears in my eyes," My dad and I had been watching a movie and he brought up my depression and scars. A-and we got in a huge argument and well he...he kicked me out again." By now I was crying and I didn't care.

"Again?" I just nodded and cried. Calum pulled me into a hug and I faced his chest.

It had turned to night and I looked around when Calum's phone started playing 'All of the Stars' by Ed Sheeran.

"I love this song." I mumbled into Calum's chest and finished crying.

He stood up and I looked at him. He extended his hand to out towards me and I grabbed it. He pulled me up off the rock.

"May I have this dance?" I giggled at him and nodded my head 'yes' again.

He placed his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck, he started singing along with the words.

' I can see the stars, from America
I wonder do you see them to?
So open your eyes and see
The way our horizons meet
And all of the lights will leave
Into the night with me
And I know these scars will bleed
Both of our hearts believe
All of these stars will guide us home '

I rested my head on his neck and we continued to dance until the song was over.

"Today has been amazing, thank you Calum." It truly has been I haven't thought of my problems today and appreciate him for that.

"It's not over yet." This took me by surprise, it's already about 10pm and we need to get back to Ashton's.

"I'm staying the night with Ashton and so are the others just don't worry about that now. Look down." As I looked down Calum moved the blanket and in the rock were the words 'Will you go on a date with me?' Why are those words on our rock...oh.

I looked at Calum and he was looking back at me.

"Yes, when?" I sounded casual but I think my insides were on fire.

"Saturday at 6pm." Today was Thursday. Wow. In going on a date with CALUM!

"Wait...how long did it take to engrave that?" I realized that it might be hard to engrave a rock and he did all that..

"Let's not talk about that." I nodded and hugged Calum randomly. He hugged my back and I let go and sat down on the blanket. I patted the spot next to me and he sat down.

"I wanna cuddle." With my request Calum pulled me on top of him and tangled out legs together, his arms rested on my lower back," Thank you." He chuckled and shook his head.

"So Nicole what would you do if I called you pretty?"

"I would laugh."

"Well you are pretty, and you have a pretty laugh so two pretties." I laughed and felt my face heat up a bit.

"You are so cliché." Calum and I were both just sitting next to each other.

"I think it's time we go back to Ashton's." As much as I didn't want this day to end I knew he was right.

"Okay but I just... I don't want to leave." Calum laughed a little bit then pulled me up and get the blanket.

"I don't want to either but you know how the guys are..."

"We have been here all day." He nodded and smiled as if thinking about today.

"Let's go." I went first and started to walk but stopped.

"Calum do you have Clouds by 1D on your phone?" He turned pink but nodded and started playing it.

"Now we can go." As we went from rock to rock I added a little dance into it and fell on the 2nd to last one.

"So much for never coming back down." Calum laughed at his joke but I stood up and responded.

"One day we will be looking down in the clouds." This rock happened to be smaller so when I stood up Calum and I were close. Like close.

"It would be nice to look down on the clouds with you." Calum whispered as we were so close. We started getting closer until I heard my name. Or my joke name.

"IS THAT COLE ON THE POLE?" I spun around almost falling to see some of my classmates. It's summer so I haven't had to see them but this can't be good.

"Look she's doing her think, getting innocent guys to fall in her trap." The all think I'm a hooker... That's where 'Cole on the pole' came from.

"Ignore them." But I couldn't. My tears filled with eyes and I jumped of the last 2 rocks onto the beach with Calum behind me.

"Nicole stop." He grabs my arm and we both hit the sand. I feel him get up and watch as he drops the blanket. He pulls me up," stay here." With that he runs to the people who yelled the 'name.'

I watch an argument stir up and Calum looks furious. I take this time to run and grab Calum with no one getting hurt. It kinda happened.

I ran to him and pulled him away but he swung and gave Tyler a black eye and a bloody nose.

"Say you are sorry." You could hear the anger dripping in Calum's voice.

"S-sorry, that you are dating a hooker." Dating a hooker? Tyler does not know when to stop.

Calum swung again but got kicked then I pulled him away. Calum pushed forward and punched Tyler one last time then followed me.

"Calum...." My voice had trailed off and I didn't know what to say.

"Just don't believe them. I'm sorry that they said that. I guess they go to school with you. I'm truly sorry." I looked at him as we walked in the dark of the night.

"Thank you." I shut my eyes and felt the tears start to form.

"You have nothing to thank me for. They deserved it. Don't let people push you around like that. Remember you have Ashton, Michael and Luke, even if you lose them I can promise you will always have me." Yep here come the tears. I opened my eyes and tears flowed out as I heard my sobs fill the air. I felt Calum grab my but he did the least expected. He picked me up. I held onto him for dear life and started crying into his shirt. He started walking again and when I shut my eyes I knew I was out for the night.

-----

HELLO LOVLEY AMAZING WONDERFUL AWESOME PERSON! Thank you for reading this crappy chapter!