Chapter 19

Something came over me when Calum walked in. He seemed different. His eyes were sparkling and his messy morning hair was amazing. He had this happy sorta vibe, and for a minute I forgot my name.

It was just me and him in the hospital room. At least I think, the other guys? I don't know.

"How are you feeling Nicole?" Oh his voice is pretty.

"You have a nice face," after pausing a moment I giggled and realized what I had said,"oops." My cheeks reddened but I didn't care.

"Hey Nicole, you okay?" His eyes are so brown.

"Why are your eyes brown?" This caught him off guard.

"Because well...they just are."

"Good, I don't want you to have any color eye."

"Are you okay?"

Then I started giggling. My body hurt so much. Instead of laughing I started crying. Multiple noises came out of my mouth as I just started full on sobbing.

"No Calum, I'm not okay. I'm in so so so much pain." My voice was better but the pain was worse. It was like my body had been pricked with a million needles. That's not a good feeling.

My sobs made it worse but I let it out.

"Nicole I don't know what's going to happen. You are still alive for a reason. We may not know that reason, but we will figure it out." This made me cry harder. So much pain.

His touch sent chills through my body and his finger prints in one spot made the needles stop. He had his whole hand on my arm and the pain wasn't hurting there anymore.

I don't know how but I managed to stand up and clung onto Calum on the side of my hospital bed. The pain stopped a little more. He full on hugged me and I felt better. It still hurts. Really badly, just not as much.

"I want to let go Calum." He sucked in a breath and sounded like he lost his air.

"Please don't ever say that again" His voice a whisper.

"What are we going to do?"

"We are going to get through this." He said and rubbed my back. I sat back down on the bed and sobbed into my hands.

The thing is what if I don't want to get through this?

"Calum," I looked up at his brown eyes full of hope and wanted to cry even more," do you know how hard it is to hold on when all you want to do is let go?"

I looked down at my hands. They were pale. Tears filled my eyes and I felt done for.

"Please hold on." Then everything went black.