1.

Hello readers! This is my second book. I hope you would like it and please let me know in the comments.

Read...

Comment...

Upvote...

Share...

*******************************

Anamika pov

A girl like me... scared to be alone, scared to fall in love, and is scared to be herself. That weak little girl who's insecure about her life... Who wants to be clingy to her loved ones and who wants constant assurance that she is loved the way she loves her people. 

That's the inner me! Do you think I'm a kid to show that to the world? My biggest insecurities? Nah we don't do that here in Oceanography!

The study of oceans requires deep thinkers and people who can broaden their minds to an extent where ordinary people can't reach easily.

I sigh at the golden plated nameplate embedded with my name beautifully 'Ms. Anamika Srivastav' the door opened scanning me and I went inside. The glass label on my table caught my sight it was written 'Head Of Department'.

These three words weigh more than just a set of alphabets. They are responsible for the career of thousands of people, this post comes up with the responsibility of the whole Oceanography department.

From my gesture, it might feel like it's my first day as a HOD right? Four years... I've been a HOD here for four years and my key to success in this vast experience in such a high post is 'WORKING EVERYDAY LIKE IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY!'

Same enthusiasm, same calmness, same nervousness like the first day I entered this department!

I took off my beige coat and placed it on my chair and started with the files of new candidates. These kids are going to be selected for research in the oceans and I need to select them myself because research in oceans is no joke.

"Ms. Anamika the candidates are ready for the interview." My manager Mr. Siddharth reminded me.

"Send them inside," I said looking at the files.

Siddharth pov

I reminded her about the candidates but deep down our whole department knows that no one's going to clear the interview.

Anamika is a good friend of mine but she has to play the role of the cold boss. Everyone in our department is her fan but they are also scared at the same time even the higher authorities. Her aura is too much to handle.

The room was filled with the sounds of rejection. She rejected every single person there!

I and Anamika are college friends. She got promoted as hod and asked me to be her manager because there's no one she could trust here.

I got a call from Mr. Shekar Desai our CEO. I picked up the call.

"Good Morning, sir!" I said.

"Good morning Siddharth. You have to do a task."

"Yes sir."

"Take the interview. Anamika is not going to admit even a single person in the research department. She even rejected the topper!"

"Sir... I can't say anything to her. I think you should talk to her yourself."

"Siddharth! You NEED to talk to her... I won't... I don't want to.."

"I'll try."

He hangs up the call. Shit! They all think I would convince her and always make me stand in front of that burning fire!