31

TW: Self Harm & Suicide Mention

Megan

I roll onto my side and toss my arm over in front of me. I expect to feel Beyonce there, but I'm met with only a blanket. I frown to myself. It's 9 in the morning, I didn't think Beyonce would be up and active, but she's been on a roll with waking up early lately.

I decide to get up and stretch and make my way to the kitchen. Maybe she's making breakfast or doing something else.

I turn the corner and see some eggs and coffee already made. I smile.

Well if my girlfriend made breakfast this morning, where the hell is she?

"Bey?" I call out.

I head towards the living room couches to nothing. All of the pillows are in order and there's nobody under the throw blanket.

Is she showering? I turn back to our bedroom and go into the master bathroom.

Nothing.

I see some bloody toilet tissue in the toilet, but assume Beyonce's just on her monthly. It usually hits at this time anyways.

I turn the bathroom light off and start moving through the rest of the penthouse.

"Bey, where you at?"

No response this time either.

My stomach sinks but I can't tell if it's from hunger or worry.

I search through the two additional bedrooms and there's nothing. They are untouched. So are their joined bathrooms.

"Beyonce Giselle Knowles, this is not funny anymore. Where you at?"

I go out into the balcony and see some towels laid out on the ground. No signs that anyone has been in the pool.

What the hell? Where could she be?

I come back into the kitchen and go into the pantry.

Nothing.

I turn back around to recycle through the house when I see a note on the kitchen island. I furrow my brows.

Why couldn't she have texted? I slowly turn my head to see her phone is face up on the counter top. Strange.

I pick up the letter and begin reading it out loud to myself, slightly above a whisper.

"Hey, baby. I love you, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for how I've hurt you. I swear I didn't mean any of it. I'm sorry. Thank you for everything. You have always been such a blessing and light in my life since I met you. Thank you for everything you've done, every smile you've put on my face, every laugh you've made me have. I will always be grateful for you..." I pause midway and scan the rest of the paper.

There are slight drops of dried up water and

All it is is thank you's and I'm sorry's. She's not getting to the point. This worries me further when right at the bottom of the page I see an address. That's it that's the whole letter.

That sinking feeling I had earlier comes back.

I quickly unlock Beyonce's phone for any answer of where she could've gone after leaving such a confusing letter. I see missed calls from Tina on her lock screen and the woman calls almost immediately for a 40th time in the past 20 minutes.

I answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Beyonce? Wha--"

"Mama T it's me. Beyonce left her phone here at home."

"Is that so? She sent me a message almost two hours ago that I just opened up. Sounds like she finna kill hasself."

Every organ in my person sinks and I scan through the letter again. It makes sense.

The blood in the trash can, god forbid.

I'm quiet on my end of the line as I don't know what to do.

Beyonce has been fine, though. We were literally doing each other's hair this weekend.

"Megan? Megan? You got any idea where my baby could be? Imma pick you up so we can look together."

I don't respond.

Beyonce couldn't have killed herself.

"Megan, I'm in my car and I'm on my way. Get some shoes on, baby. I'll be five minutes."

Omniscent

Tina would arrive to the penthouse in 2 minutes after speeding. She gave two fucks about traffic laws. She'd been in a two hour meeting and come out of it to Beyonce's suicidal text. She was beyond worried, and even that was an understatement. She was gonna get Megan and drive to this location Beyonce sent them, hopefully in time so they could get her and get her some help.

Megan got into the car with some blue tweety bird pajama pants and a zip up hoodie. She didn't even critique her attire because it was 9:30 ish in the morning.

"Hey." Megan said breathlessly.

"Hey." Tina responded and barely gave Megan the chance to close the door or buckle up.

Megan didn't mind that either. She just wanted to find her girlfriend after such a letter and realization.

"She left an address on the letter, you got it, right?" Megan asked.

Tina nodded as she jerked the car quickly to the left. She stopped the car at the side of the road and looked to connect the address from her phone to the car's gps system.

The auto-generated voice announced their home address followed by, "East Houston Psychiatric facility".

They both looked to each other in confusion and fear. So many emotions laced together at once.

Tina looked on the road ahead of her to see blood splatters. Mind you, they didn't move more than 7 feet of the penthouse building.