Chapter 6: niceties

Katsuki Bakugo

That bastard. That indecisive, cocky, provocative bastard. I was inches away from pummelling that pretty little face of his into the ground.

But while he was on his way out, my curiosity won me over, and his response was so...strange it had me more intrigued than angry. I had simply wanted to know why he was so indecisive, and he gave me what I can only assume is philosophy as a response.

I decided I was going to play the nice game, try to learn a little bit more about the intriguing boy. But for now, I've still got work to do.

Locking up the shop at 8pm always felt silly to do, since nobody really came in after maybe 5:30, many electing to just head straight home after a long day at work. However, I still did it, night after night. I need this job, really, if I want to have a chance of paying for university next year. Most people take gap years to travel the world and obnoxiously take selfies in front of ancient wonders of the world. But no, I took one so i could work. Mature, maybe, but FUCKING boring.

Returning back to my shitty little apartment felt almost like a chore sometimes. It was called an apartment, but it was more like a bedsit of sorts, with only 2 rooms - a living/kitchen area, and a bathroom. Still, it was dirt cheap, and better than living back home with my father. Let's just say that man has been through too much because of me. At least he needn't bother any more.

Taking a quick shower - cold, but not by choice - and then hopping into bed, I browsed YouTube for a little while before lying down and attempting to sleep. But sleep proved to be difficult this particular night.

My thoughts had been clouded, wondering with a strange eagerness when Half-N'-Half would be returning to the shop. I figured it'd probably be tomorrow, but I found myself wishing I didn't have to wait that long to see him.
The fuck is wrong with me?

Hang on, did I call his face pretty earlier?
————————————————————

Shoto Todoroki

Waking up is always a difficult thing to do. But most especially when you know you have such a tiring day ahead of you, just like I do today. Class, Shinso, coffee shop if I'm lucky. That was the plan I'd formulated for the day, and so far, it was going surprisingly well. I'd managed to be on time for class again, and that passed pretty quickly, with it being lunchtime before I knew it

Spotting a familiar blond wearing a fur coat (must remember to ask about that, make sure it isn't anything dangerous), I approached the corner, before greeting the three boys and settling down for lunch.

Just like the day we met a couple of days ago, Ojiro was talking to me practically non-stop. He was all-over me with his immense knowledge of the past, and we managed to find a common ground talking about British history, which we'd both been taught in school before

"-and so without WW1, it's hard to argue that women would have achieved the vote in the UK, to some extent, in 1918. In fact, it'd probably be much later than that, given the-"

And we continued like this for quite some time, realising a little late that we were both late for class. We practically sprinted down the halls to make it on time before bursting into laughter just before we split ways. Ojiro then came up to me and gave me yet another very awkward pat on the shoulder, reminiscent of what happened two days ago, before saying "see you around, Todoroki!"

"Y-yeah..." I managed to say, before turning around and heading back into class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, it's time. I made a brief stop at my apartment to drop off my bag and arrange a few other things for no particular reason, before setting out to meet Shinso. It feels really awkward visiting my professors house, but there is good reason behind it, I suppose.