Chapter 38: rubber ducky

TW // self-deprecation

Katsuki Bakugo

"Can you help me take a bath?"

Sho's eyes went as wide as saucers, but he quickly composed himself, saying "of course. As long as you're ok with....y'know?"

"Yeah, it's...not ideal, but we'll make it work, right?" I encouraged, and he nodded, before making his way towards the bathroom.

"Wait a minute!" I called out to him, and he waited until I had managed to get to my feet and walk over to him before I continued "I want to turn it on, I can do that"

I wanted to try and do as much as I dared do on my own. I think that was my pride getting the better of me, but that wasn't so much a bad thing. After all, I couldn't expect Sho to do absolutely everything for me. I knew he'd say he could, but that was unrealistic. He still had classes to attend as of Monday, and I'd be back in work in a week or so, so it was simply impossible to ask.

He nodded, accepting that I should do as much as I could on my own. I thanked him, before walking slowly into the bathroom and sitting on the edge of the tub, pressing the right buttons to start the tap running as Sho put the plug in the drain. He also poured a substantial amount of bubble bath in there, conscious of the fact that I would be naked next to him. Dad was right, he really is a keeper. He turned and faced the door as I began to undress myself slowly.

I managed to take my top off pretty easily, but struggled immediately with my jeans. I made a note to ask Sho to get me some looser clothing, perhaps tracksuit bottoms that could easily be slipped on and off. But for now, I had to ask him to help.

"Sho...can you help with my jeans please?"

"Yeah, of course." he turned around, before kneeling behind me and slowly pulling down on the jeans, holding an arm around my waist as I stepped my feet out of them, holding me steady. He had adapted really quickly to what I was and wasn't capable of doing, and did an excellent job of caring for me.

Now came the awkward bit. My boxers. Sho had gone back to his corner after shutting the tap off, so the bath was ready for me. I heard him say "just take your time, let me know when your done. And..if you need help with them too, that's fine as well."

"Thank you. I'll try myself first." I said, before hooking my right hand on the strap of my boxers and sliding them down to the floor, which was the easy bit. I had to bend down to hold the side of the tub as I stepped my feet out, and probably should've asked for help, but I didn't want to make Sho uncomfortable. I held a towel in front of my obscenities and said "it's ok, you can turn" to him.

He did, keeping his eyes locked on mine, not looking down even once. I then asked "could you tie this around my waist?" and he did so without hesitation, not touching anything he shouldn't, nor commenting at all. So good.

He then said "just let me know when you want in, and I'll lift you in"

"I don't want lifted in, I'll do it myself"

"But Kat-"

"Sho, I need to try. If I don't try now I never will, and you'll have to do this every day."

"I don't mind, as long as you aren't hurt."

"Just..please, let me try."

"......ok, but if I think you need help, I'm helping you."

"Got it. Thanks babe, I love you"

"Love you too"

"Ok, here we go" I said, as I held the side of the bath and slowly lifted my leg onto it, next to my hand. Sho unwrapped the towel from my waist, but kept it held over my front, his eyes never once wavering from mine. I slowly slid my foot down into the scorching water, flinching a little at the intense heat, before it became soothing to my foot, and I lowered it to the base of the tub.