Chapter 29: make a house...another house

Shoto Todoroki

Kat's shift continued the way it had so far: serving, cuddles, serving, cuddles, and so on. Not that I was complaining, of course. Every single time he came near me I felt so much more at peace, and the warmth he emitted while clinging to me was the most pleasant feeling ever. The five simple words he'd whispered in my ear made me feel as high as a kite, and I was certain that I reciprocated that feeling. And now we were going on our first official date as a couple, in just a couple of days! I already had a plan on what to do. I probably wouldn't like it, but I'd do ANYTHING to make him happy, so I'm sure this could be managed.

Anyway, we're now walking to Kat's...old(?) apartment, to collect the final two boxes. We'd already decided earlier that we'd take the boxes, then return for the pets. It would be difficult, each carrying two cats each, and me also holding the dog's lead, but we figured we'd be able to manage it.

He unlocked the door, and once Wilson had stopped freaking out about us entering, we each picked up a box and made our way back to the door, ignoring the dog's feeble cries for us to stay. As we were walking, I noticed that Kat was smiling widely at nothing in particular.

"What's got you in such a good mood?"

"Didn't I say earlier? You~"

"Yeah, but you seem even happier now."

"Of course I am! I'm moving in with my amazing boyfriend, I don't have to sacrifice anything dear to me, plus....you're here!"

"If I wasn't carrying this right now, you'd be getting hugged."

"Don't you dare drop it, I don't wanna clean my underwear off the streets."

"Why am I carrying this one again?"

"Because it's not embarrassing AT ALL! Stop complaining or I'll make you unpack that one too!"

Aw hell no! I quickly shut my mouth, and we shortly arrived at our apartment, and I opened the door with my elbow, having unlocked it skilfully while still holding the box. We set the boxes down in his new bedroom, and I turned to suggest we go pack for his pets, but he quickly tackled me into a hug, pushing us both down onto the bed.

Laughing, I ruffled his hair, before kissing his cheek and trying to get up, but he firmly held me down. "Rest.." he muffled into my shirt, and I sighed and said "we can rest after we get the pets. It'll be too dark soon..."

"Fiiiiiine, let's go..." he grumbled, and I pinched both his cheeks and said "stop being grumpy, it's not hot"

"I'm not grumpy, I'm tired. BIG DIFFERENCE!"

"Yeah yeah mr grumpy, just get your ass up, we need to go!"

"I'm going, I'm going..."

"You still haven't moved.."

"I know~"

"Kat, seriously, it'll be too dark soon!"

"But-"

"Katsukiiiiiii~" i whined, feigning to be upset at him ignoring me.

"Fine...cmon then, you big baby"

"Ok!" I leapt up off the bed after him, kissing his cheek as he waited in the doorway for me. He just rolled his eyes and walked out the door. I'd already unpacked the beds and litter trays when I'd come home this morning, so the apartment was pet-proof already, we just needed the pets!

It took about half an hour to walk to and from the old apartment, collecting the five pets on the way. It was a pretty easy walk back, and Wilson was surprisingly obedient on the lead, given his excitable nature. I guess his daddy trained him well...