Chapter 17: demon friend

Shoto Todoroki

Making my way out of the room at the end of class, I headed towards the lunch hall, as usual, to sit with my friends. Shinso had sat with us yesterday as well, and I'd given him a brief rundown on how the date with Bakugo went, telling him all the important details, including the cheek peck at the end of the night. He had been very supportive, and I'd thanked him for his help in planning it.

While I was explaining it, the other three guys were talking, but I noticed Ojiro half listening to our conversation, then refocusing on the other boys' words. It almost seemed like.... he didn't want to look at me, and he was certainly doing it less than he used to. I might ask him about that, if I get chance.

But anyway, back to today, I had acquired my lunch - soba, as usual - and settled in the usual table in the corner. All four of the other guys were there, and I quickly became enveloped in a conversation with Tokoyami about some kind of.... demon he thinks lives inside him...? Yeah, I dunno, but at least he was passionate about it, right? I then had a quick conversation with Shoji, finally gaining the confidence to ask him how much training he does to get that jacked.

"Oh, well after I get home I do a 3 hour workout. I don't go that hard, usually, but the gains came over time. You are welcome to join me if you wish...?"

"Oh, no thanks Shoji, just curious, ehehe..." I said, desperate NOT to do what he suggested. I'd probably die... I finally moved my way around to Shinso, and once it was loud enough, I whispered to him.

"So, got any plans for a date with Kaminari?"

"Umm, we haven't really discussed it yet, but I have been considering asking him out for some day next week..."

"Well, I was at the café last night, and we got talking about my date with Bakugo, and he said, and I quote 'I would marry literally anyone who took me on a date that good', so you'd best get going, soon-to-be-groom!"

"Wh-he really said that?"

"No word of a lie, my friend. Plus, he seems preeeety keen to go out with you too, if you ask me."

"Yeah, I think so too. Bakugo sent me this picture yesterday" he said, before showing me a picture of Kaminari blushing like crazy and pulling a face. I read the caption Bakugo had left and laughed a little, before saying "he's right though, you should probably go for it. Come to the café later, make it official! Bakugo told me yesterday he would be taking today off, and that Kaminari would be covering for him. Oh, and by the way, I have another date planned with Bakugo on Saturday. He's organising this one though, which actually makes me feel a little...relieved, to be honest."

"Right, I'll come with you later then... I guess I really should try my hand before it's too late, huh?"

"Yeah, and I think you've got a pretty sure fire chance of getting with him."

"Thanks Todoroki, really. You help a lot with this kind of thing"

"That's no problem. Now, we'd best get to class, we don't want aizawa down our necks."

"Ugh, he'll be down mine either way. He's always got something to say once I get in, it's ridiculous. I keep seeing that blonde dude from down the road, the one we picked Eri up from that time, in our house with him. They seem to have gotten pretty close lately..."

"What's he gonna think about YOUR loud blond then?"

"I- he's not 'mine', Todoroki! Well..."

"Yet?" I finished for him, knowing he'd be too embarrassed to say it himself. He simply nodded slightly and walked two paces ahead of me. I smirked, before catching up, aiming to tease him a little before class.