Chapter 15

Rani and Veer were left alone in the room. Rani saw Veer's red, puffy eyes knowing that he wouldn't even be able to sleep at night until Ranisa would come back.

Rani: "Dakter Saab, chalo. Bahut der raat ho gayi hai. So jao."

(Dakter Saab, let's go. It's very late at night now. Go to sleep.)

Veer: "Nahi Rani, mujhe kuch kaam hai hospital mein. Mujhe urgent jaane ka hain."

(No Rani, I have some work left to do in the hospital. I need to go urgently.)

Rani: "Lekin Dakter Saab, itni der raat mein?"

(But Dakter Saab, at such late night?)

Veer: "Haan Rani, aap so jao. Hum subha mein milte hai."

(Yes Rani, you go to sleep. We will meet in the morning.)

Veer didn't give Rani a chance to argue with him. He quickly left the house and Rani decided to go and sleep.

----

Rani woke up the next morning in Dakter Saab's room, but he wasn't there. She looked around, but there was no trace that he had come back home. She quickly took a shower and got dressed. Rani ran downstairs and asked the servants if any of them saw Veer come back home, but they all had the same answer: No.

Rani decided she should call Veer. She left 3 missed calls, but he didn't pick up. Instead, she texted him hoping that he would see her messages and come home for breakfast first thing in the morning.

Rani: "Main abhi ke liye ghar ko sahmalti hoon. Phir badme Dakter Saab ko dekhti hoon, woh theek hoenge."

(Right now I will take care of everything at home. Then later I will think about Dakter Saab, he will be fine.)

----

Rani makes sure that breakfast is served to everyone right on time. The Rajawat family (including Padmini) sat down as the servants began to serve everybody. Now, Padmini had to begin her plan of making Rani's life next to hell so that the family would agree to kick her out.

Padmini: "Acha suno bahurani. Main toh sirf green tea peethi hoon. Tum mere liye apne hatho se bana dungi, na?"

(Ok listen, Rani. I only drink green tea. You will make it for me on your own, right?)

Rani: "Ji, masi. Main abhi bana kar lathi hoon."

(Yes, aunty. I will make it right now and bring it.)

Rani rushes to the kitchen and begins boiling the water. Her mind travels off to thinking about where Dakter Saab is. He must be at the hospital, but her gut feeling felt like something was wrong. The water was getting overheated and it almost burned Rani, but thankfully Shanti came and saved her. Rani thanked her and then continued filling the mug with the hot water, then adding the green tea bag and a little bit of lemon for taste. Soon, the tea was ready, so Rani put the mug on a tray and walked out to serve it.

From the corner of her eye, Padmini saw Rani walking out of the kitchen. Slowly, she put her foot out to trip Rani. On the other hand, poor Rani was happily walking to the dining table. She was very excited that she would finally be able to impress a new family member. Without seeing Padmini's leg, Rani tripped and the tea fell all over her hands, burning her terribly.

Everyone was in shock whereas Padmini had a big smile on her face. Step 1 of her plan had been completed. Now, she could move to step 2 where she could scream and insult Rani, breaking her completely.

----

Veer's POV

"This was all my fault. It's past 1 a.m and I have finished all pending work at the hospital. Literally, there is nothing else left to do now. I leave the hospital and drive through the streets of Jaipur. I can't go back home, especially not now. I wouldn't be able to face Rani. At one point I lied to her for Ranisa, I even told her about the divorce. She did not react. Clearly, she is in so much pain and that too is all because of me."