Chapter 18

Recap: Ramadeer's case is closed. They found proof that he wasn't the one committing the crime, but in fact, he was framed by a drunk man.

There has been a leap of 1 year. During this time Ranisa returned after lots of persuasion from the family and Padmini finally went away!! Rani has strengthened her relationships with the family and they like her more because it has been proved that she isn't the daughter of a criminal. Ramadeer came back to work at the palace which made Ranisa happy to insult him more, but Dadisa denied it because they were family now, so he went back to his village and lives with his mother and son. Rani still hasn't revealed her full truth because she is truly hurting inside. Her father never apologized and it makes her feel like she was wrong all these years. Ranisa tries to insult Rani at almost everything, but Rani has become such a wonderful daughter-in-law in the past year. She learnt all their traditions and she wears Saris now! But, Rani is still our "Baliya Wali Rani'' (Rani from Baliya) at heart.

----

It has been a crazy time for Rani living in the palace...almost a year since May 21st: Rani and Veer's anniversary. There were just a couple of days left for their big day.

Vikram and Nandini wanted to plan a surprise for them and they were going to bring it up during lunch. They were all sitting at the table and Rani was bringing the food out with all the servants. Even though everyone told her that it wasn't her job, she always insisted on helping them out and sometimes she even let them off the job to go home early and she would complete the rest of the work. The food was set and they all had sat to eat. A couple of minutes later, Veer gets a phone call from his secretary at the hospital.

Veer: "Hello, Ishita."

Ishita: "Hello Docter Veer, sorry to disturb, lekin ek urgent surgery ke liye aap ko jana hai."

(Hello Docter Veer, sorry to disturb you, but you have to go for an urgent surgery.)

Veer: "Theek hai, main abhi aata hoon."

(Alright, I will come right now.)

Ishita: "Uh nahi, actually yeh surgery Canada mein ho rahi hai, lekin wahan ke doctors ko aap ki advice chaiye. Bohot badi heart surgery hai."

(Uh no, this surgery is happening in Canada, but the doctors there want your advice. It is a very critical heart surgery.)

Veer: "Canada? Oh."

The second Rani heard the word Canada, she froze. Her mind was flooded with a million different memories that she had hidden away for so long. 

Veer: "Theek hai, mein thodi der mein aap ko phone kar tha hoon."

(Okay, I will call you back in a little while.)

Ranisa: "Veer, woh Ishita kya boli?"

(Veer, what did Ishita say?)

Veer: "Ranisa, mujhe ek badi opportunity mil rahi hai. Ek critical heart surgery hai aur mujhe kuch doctors Canada bula rahe hai. Mujhe jana parenga kuch din ke liye. 4-5 din hoenge travel ke saath. Kya mein tickets book kar du?"

(Ranisa, I have got a very big opportunity. There is a critical heart surgery and doctors are calling me to Canada. I would have to go for some days. I think it will take around 4-5 days including travel. Should I book my tickets?)

Ranisa: "Haan, yeh bahut acchi news hai."

(Yes, this is very good news.)

Vikram and Nandini realized that their plan would be ruined, so Vikram quickly sent his sister a message. It said