Chapter 16

Recap: Digvijay gets a heart attack and Rani is the only one home. Apparently, it is revealed that Rani can speak English fluently and that she has had some types of Medical Training as well, so she is able to easily save Digvijay's life. Digvijay is the only one aware of this secret and he wants to share it with everyone, but Rani stops him. What is the reason behind all this?

----

It has been a few days after Digvijay's heart attack and Veer had constantly been going to the hospital to do research about the medication. It had come to his mind that the pills hardly had a chance of stopping the heart attack, as their job was just to make the heartbeat slower and bring the blood pressure down. He knew that something else had happened, but when he asked Rani, she was saying the same thing over and over again.

Ranisa had still not come home, day after day Padmini kept trying to make Rani's life worse, and in fact, she was starting to succeed. Though Rani was a very strong girl, there were just too many things happening in her life that Padmini's pressure, insults and harsh words were truly affecting her. 

It was around late afternoon and Rani was sitting in Veer's bedroom. She had a terrible feeling in her stomach as if something bad would be happening soon. She hadn't heard anything from Ramadeer either. Ranisa was at her mother's house so she couldn't even ask if there was any new information about the case. Rani decided that she would head to the Police Station and meet her father. 

Rani reaches the Police Station and she asks the driver to wait outside for her. She knew that she couldn't take too long, Veer would be home soon and Padmini would be waiting to give her a new list of things to be done. Rani wanted this all to be over. She wanted to be back in Baliya with her family. She wanted to be studying and taking her engineering courses, but most importantly, Rani wanted to live in a happy and loving surroundings. She really wished that everyone would soon accept her.

Rani walked into the Police Station slowly with her heart heavy, her mind was in a million places and she felt like she was going to throw up. Everything felt like it was wrong. She started walking towards Vijay, the same inspector who had called her to Jaipur. All her memories came flooding back, but then Vijay ran to her.

Vijay: "Arey Rani, acha hua ke tu ayi. Main actually tume phone karne wala tha."

(Oh Rani, it's good you came. I was actually going to call you.)

Rani: "Kya hua Vijay bhaiya? Aap bahut pareshan lag rahe ho."

(What happened, Vijay? You look very stressed.)

Vijay: "Rani bahut badi problem ho gayi hai. Ramu kaka ka case abhi fast track ho gaya hai. Matlab, agar kuch bhi saboot nahi milenga, toh Ramu kaka ki phasi ho sakhti hai."

(Rani a big problem has happened. Ramu uncle's case has gone on a fast track. This means that if we don't find any proof against him, he would get hanged as a criminal.)

Rani took a couple of steps back in shock. This wasn't possible...how could her dad...no!

Rani: "Nahi, nahi. Bauji! Bauji!"

(No, no! Dad! Dad!)

Rani ran past Vijay trying to find her dad's cell. She rushed to the jail cell where Ramadeer was sitting. He looked so much weaker and paler than she had last seen him and it made her heartbreak.

Rani: "Bauji!!! Ye mein kya sun rahi hoon?!"

(Dad!!! What is this that I am hearing?!)

Ramadeer: "Rani, tu yahan?"

(Rani, you're here?)

Rani: "Bauji, aap mujhe btae kyu nahi? Agar main nahi ayi toh mujhe khabhi nahi pata chalta?"

(Dad, why didn't you tell me? If I never visited, then I would never have known?)

Ramadeer: "Rani, mujhe nahi pata hai ke mein kya karu. Khali Pinku aur Amma ko mera pyaar dena, aur Ranisa ko batana ke mein bahut sharmindha hoon."

(Rani, I don't know what to do. Just give Pinku and my mom lots of love, and tell Ranisa that I am very sorry and embarrassed for what I have done.)

Rani: "Bauji! Aap aisa kaise bhol sakte ho? Nahi, mein aapko jail se nikalungi! Jo bhi ho jaye, asli gunegar ko dhondlungi!"

(Dad! How can you say this! No, I will get you out of jail! No matter what, I will find the real criminal!)

Rani and Ramadeer stay together for some more time, crying and speaking in detail about everything that had happened at the crime scene. Rani knew that her father hadn't done anything, and she knew that she would have to prove him right.

----

Back in the palace Veer decides to come home early to discuss with his dad about the heart attack.

Veer: "Papa, please mujhe sach batao. Mera dhimak nahi chal raha hai, khali aapke attack par ruk gaya hai."

(Dad, please tell me the truth. My mind isn't working, it's just stuck on your attack.)

Digvijay: "Veer bete, maine bataya hai... woh dava ne bahut strong assar kiya aur mein theek ho gaya."

(Veer son, I have already told you... the medicine had a very strong effect and I became much better.)

Veer: "Nahi Papa, main aap ki bato ko nahi maan sakta hoon. Abhi mujhe sab se pooch na parenga."

(No dad, I cannot believe what you are saying. Now I will have to ask everyone.)

Veer started calling the names of all the family members and then also some servants to see if they had seen anything. Rani didn't show up, but then Kumud informed them that she had left urgently for some work. Padmini just got madder and started mumbling about how irresponsible Rani was behaving.

Veer: "Jab Papa ko heart attack aya tha, kya aap koi mein wahan tha?"

(When dad had a heart attack, were any of you there?)

Everyone said no and it just made Veer more frustrated. Dadisa stepped up to ask Veer what the matter was and he explained how it was physically impossible for the medications to have such an effect on Digvijay and that something else had happened.

Under all this pressure, Digvijay blurted out that he wanted to speak with all the family members privately. He knew that Rani would be hurt, but he had to tell everyone the truth. He was so confused and it was eating him alive. The servants all walked away and went back to their work, but Padmini still stood there. She was adamant that she wouldn't leave as she was still part of this family.

Digivijay: "Bahurani ne mujhe bachaya."

(Rani saved my life.)

Everyone was confused. How could such an illiterate girl save a dying man from a heart attack? Digvijay just said that since he was in so much pain, he couldn't remember exactly what happened, but Rani definitely did something to save his life. This way, he wasn't lying, but the full truth hadn't come out either. He knew that Rani was a smart girl and if she really wanted to hide this truth, for now, she would find a way to do so. Now, everyone was just waiting for her to come back home and give her statement.

Hey...

I am so very sorry about this super late update. If any of you had seen my announcement I posted that there are just way too many things going on in my life currently so it's been difficult to get time to write chapters. Also, school is starting soon here so I will be terribly busy. I hope that I will get a chance to write 1 or 2 more chapters before school starts.

Hope you all enjoyed it! Please vote and write wonderful comments! (They really encourage me to keep writing.)

Lots of love,

- Alina <3