Chapter 2

The Cold Mafia Queen

Part Two

End of Flashback; Present Day

"Ma'am, we are here now." Curtis said which snapped you out of your daze. "Oh. Thank you Curtis" you said as you stepped out of the car. You were immediately greeted with stares and whispers about you, nothing you weren't already used to though.

You were immediately greeted with stares and whispers about you, nothing you weren't already used to though.Through the years rising through the ranks in the mafia world, you had less time to care about anyone other than your gang.

This just led you to stop caring about your school work and the others in your school too, including Jungkook. Being the competitive people that you both were, you guys were always at each other's throats because of basically anything, most competing for top grade.

You won't lie, he's really handsome, but he was always kind of mean to you. He hated the fact that you were always better than him. You used to think it was kind of funny that he would always try so hard to beat you, some days you would feel bad and let him win every once in a while. Though you would immediately regret it because he would just rub it in your face. Now, that's all changed.

"Hey dummy what are you doing in my way?" Jungkook says as you were walking past him to get to your class. You just looked at him and scoffed and continued walking to your class with your headphones still on. Annoyed, Jungkook snatches your headphones off your head "Don't ignore me y/n!" He said angrily.

But you could care less "are you gonna keep those or not?" You replied back to him. He stood there frozen so you just snatched them back and walked to your 1st period. "Good morning class! Today we will be handing back your tests from last week, good job to everyone and a congratulations to y/n for scoring the highest in the class again!" Your teacher exclaimed as she walked into the classroom.

Again, you could care less about your grades, but you felt a glare coming from behind you. It was and of course it was Jungkook. He still hated the fact that you spent all your class time sleeping and listening to music and still got the highest grades in the class.

Jungkook's pov

"Ugh second again, I hate that she always gets first when I'm the one who always studies for hours a day." I thought to myself. I haven't gotten the top score in my classes with her ever since we were 15.

That's when she changed, she used to be so happy, always smiling. But now, these past 3 years have been very different, she's become so distant and cold, and she doesn't argue with me like she used to. Now she just ignores me and stops caring.

We used to be so close, even if we were "enemies" I still thought she was attractive. She was always nice to everyone except me, but when we would argue, it's like we both knew that we didn't really mean it. I grew to like her over the years and I wanted to confess because I thought that she felt the same way.

Flashback; 3 years ago

"Hey y/n do you have time to talk? I have something really important to tell you" I said with a big smile on my face. I was so excited, this was the first time I felt this strongly about someone else. "Not now jungkook, not ever." She replied back coldly. I was shocked, my eyes teared just a little. I've never heard her use that tone before.

"Please it won't take long" I said, hoping that I might still have a chance and she might have thought that I was joking. "I said no Jeon. Leave me alone." She said turning back to me. My heart broke hearing her call me by my last name and seeing her heartless eyes that were a little red, as if she was crying before. "Y/n-" I tried to ask her about it, but before I could finish my sentence she just walked past me.

I walked into my class, which coincidentally I shared with her, only to find her sleeping on her desk with her headphones blasting music. I was shocked to say the least, she was always such a model student, I have no idea what happened to her.

"Kookie~ I missed you! Why don't you come sit next to me today?" I heard that shrieking annoying voice, "ugh Ashly" I hated her, and she hated y/n because I would always talk to her. But now that she was sleeping Ashly of course had to take the opportunity to talk to me.

"I would prefer to sit in my own seat today." I said almost glaring back at her. She huffed and walked back to her seat, as I took mine next to y/n. I sighed as I looked at her sleeping figure "what happened to you sweet angel?"

End of Flashback; Present Day

I saw her walking back to her locker to put some of her stuff back to go to her next class "How did you even get the top score when all you do is sleep all class? I bet you cheated didn't you?" I spat at her, still upset that I didn't get the top score after studying for so long.

"I guess I'm just smarter than you, maybe you should've studied harder" she shrugged. My blood boiled, she really pushed me off the edge this time. I was so upset I grabbed her collar and pushed her against the locker "YOU BRAT I DESERVE THE TOP SCORE MORE THAN YOUR UNGRATEFUL ASS"