Chapter 9

The Cold Mafia Queen

Part Nine

Jungkook's pov

I sat down with y/n and her family at the dinner table. I thought it'd be really awkward like how eating with my mom and dad is, even though we rarely eat together, but it was so fun.

"So Jungkook, what's your relationship with y/n?" her dad suddenly asked. "I- Um-" i was about to say something, but the words couldn't form.

"Ahh dad you made him uncomfortable, we have friendly competitions every now and then" she said looking at me, giving me an assuring look.

"Hahaha well that's nice, sorry for making you uncomfortable Jungkook." he said back. "Oh it's fine uncle, I wasn't uncomfortable, I just didn't know how to explain it. But y/n summed it up pretty well."

The rest of the dinner was just fun story telling, I don't remember the last time I laughed like this when I wasn't with my hyungs.

Time Skip; After Dinner

"You gonna be okay Koo?" I heard y/n say as I was about to get into the taxi to take me home. "Ahhh I love it when she calls me koo." "yeah I'll be fine, thanks for dinner!"

I got home and luckily my parents were still out. Going up to my room, I plopped down on the bed. "I wish every night could be like this."

Author's pov

Throughout the next couple of months, Jungkook would come over every now and then for dinner, or when he didn't want to be at home.

Y/n's parents always welcomed him with open arms and never made him feel unwanted. He could only wish for this type of love from his own parents.

Almost a year passed until that one day that y/n had cut all ties with Jungkook. Of course he was heartbroken, but when he got an invitation in the mail it all seemed to line up for him.

"You are invited to the funeral of Mr. Kim Kang-Dae and Mrs. Kim Eun-Kyung" Jungkook read this with tears streaming down his face as if he lost his own parents.

He arrived at the funeral ceremony and sat in the back so y/n wouldn't see him. All he wanted to do was comfort her and be there, but after the lashing out she had at him a few days ago, he thought he'd better not.

The funeral ended and he left without saying a word to y/n. As he was walking away he took one last look at his angel slowly turning colder and colder.

Flashback End; Present Day

The boys started waking up from inside the shop, all sleepy they walked around cleaning up where they slept.

Suddenly the bell for the door rang, meaning that someone had entered the shop. In shock the boys suddenly hid behind the counters and around the corners.

"Auntie! I know I'm a little early, but I needed breakfast before work today!" the girl shouted. In shock the boys looked at each other from their hiding places.

"Y/n??" they mouthed to each other.

"Hello dear! My grandson and his friends should be down there, you can ask them for your order!" Mrs. Yang yelled back. "Okay!"

"Grandson and his friends? But there's no one down here?" Y/n thought. She walked around the cafe. "Umm..hello?" she asked, hoping to get someone's attention.

Y/n's pov

"Y/n." Jungkook said from behind the counter. Startled, I turned around and met eyes with him. The boys slowly started showing up, "I really shouldn't have come here today."

"He's her grandson? How did I not know this?" I really have no choice anymore, well at least I know I'm not only helping out Auntie, but also him

"I'll have a mocha latte, and that cake over there." I simply said, not wanting to sound rude, but not wanting to sound nice either. "Okay, just a moment." he said

It didn't take long for it to get ready, I paid and walked back to the car. "Ready Curtis?" I said, wanting to get back to the mansion already. "Of course ma'am."

With that, we left the cafe and headed up to the mansion. I got the cake for my maids and bodyguards. Ever since that day when I brought a bunch of stuff from the cafe, they couldn't get enough of it.

Back at the Mansion

"I'm back~ and I brought cake~" I said singsongingly. With no surprise, everyone came to the kitchen and left with a piece of the delicious cake.

"I'll be up in the office, I need to get ready for the upcoming meeting with the rest of the leaders." I said. "Yes ma'am!" they all said.

I made my way up to the office, with a small piece of cake. "I didn't know he was her grandson."

Author's pov

They watched her leave the shop, mouths gaped open. No one expected her to come while they were still there.

"Well that was interesting." Yoongi said, finally breaking the silence. They all looked at Jungkook, trying to figure out how he's feeling.

"Why are you guys all staring at me?" Jungkook asked, noticing the stares from his hyungs.

"Did you know that she comes here regularly?" Jimin questioned, "Yeah, I've seen her a few times, but she never saw me." Jungkook replied

"Is she rich or something though?" Hobi asked, "I mean when she came in yesterday she got like the most expensive things on the menu."

"Yeah! I don't even spend that much for my birthday!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"She's never shown it though, she doesn't wear designer brands and doesn't flaunt her money like other girls at school." Jimin said.

Jungkook was also a little confused seeing her come in all the time, asking for expensive items that no one gets.

Even back when he used to eat dinner at their house, it didn't seem big and there wasn't really any expensive stuff in it.

"I don't know, but it helps grandma." Jungkook said as he continued cleaning up behind the counter.

"Forget this depressing mood, lets go have some fun!" Jimin said trying to lighten them up

Suddenly the door opened revealing the men from the alley last time. "Yes, the Lee's are waiting for you, let's go shall we?"