Chapter 6

The Cold Mafia Queen

Part Six

As you walked into class, you sat down in your normal seat. However, this time the gaze you felt on you wasn't the hateful one that you were always used to. Turning around, you see Jungkook staring at you, he doesn't look like he's mad, but maybe grateful...?

You continue to work on your assignments and after you finished, you put your headphones on just like normal. You still couldn't shake that gaze on the back of your neck, but you decided to ignore it anyways and take a short nap before the next period.

Before you knew it, it was already the next period.

Jungkook's pov

"Why am I even staring at her?" I had no idea why I kept staring at her. As much as it looked like I hated her, before all that I liked her. I was just happy that she didn't go through what I did that night.

I wonder if I'll ever see that girl again. Even though she was a mafia leader, I couldn't help but notice that she looked like she was my age.

She looks and acts nothing like how I thought a mafia queen would act. I always pictured them as cold-blooded, ruthless killers. It surprised me to hear her say that she wanted to protect people and to hear how nice she sounded.

She even saved me, someone she didn't even know. I hope I get to thank her one day.

*ringggg*

"Oh shoot. Next class already?" I picked up things and started walking towards my next period, still thinking of that girl that saved me last night.

"Yo kook what are you thinking so deeply about?" I heard someone say from behind me. "Oh hey tae hyung, nothing. Something interesting just happened last night." I replied back.

"OOOOO something interesting huh? Y/n finally stopped hating you?" Tae said, smirking at me. "Hah! As if."

Tae and the rest of my friends know everything that happened to me and y/n. He knows how much I liked her, and how much I was hurt after everything happened.

Jin and Namjoon were especially worried about me, and kept saying that they're sure she probably had a reason for rejecting me and ignoring me afterwards.

"Hey we're all going to your grandma's cafe after school today, do you have to work or are you coming with us?" hobi asked me. "Nah, I still have a shift later today." I really wanted to join them, but I need to keep working.

Author's pov

As Jungkook left to go to his shift, Jin, Yoongi, Hobi, Namjoon, Jimin and Tae went to Jungkook's grandma's cafe.

They got to the cafe, and as normal the cafe was pretty empty. There was a group of girls there too, but they were just Ashly and her friends.

"Ugh they are always here hoping to see kook." Jimin groaned to the other boys. "Well, I hope one day she understands that kook doesn't like her back," Yoongi said, rubbing his temples already annoyed with their voices.

As they said that, the girls finally stood up and walked out of the cafe. "Finally." Tae snicked to the rest of them and they all giggled a little bit. But then they overheard a bit of their conversation.

"Did you see him in class today? He couldn't stop staring at that bitch y/n" Ashly groaned in annoyance which didn't go unnoticed by the boys.

Ashly and her friends left the cafe and the boys stared at each other with wide eyes. "He was staring at her?" Namjoon questioned. "Maybe that's why he was so deep in thought when I saw him after class!" Taehyung gasped.

"What if-" Jimin was about to say something, but got cut off by the bell ringing the at door meaning someone has walked in.

They all gasped when they saw who entered. "why do you think that she is here?" Tae whispered as they all kept their heads down, avoiding eye contact with her.

"probably because she wants something to watch a movie" Yoongi said sarcastically.

The boys snickered a little bit before they heard Mrs. Yang's voice. "Y/n dear! You didn't come by yesterday. I missed you!" She said warmly. They looked at each other in shock.

"She knows y/n?!" they all whisper-yelled in unison.

Still in shock, the boys stared at y/n to see her response. They were all kind of friends with her before her and Jungkook's falling out, and they watched her grow colder everyday.

Surprises filled their faces when they saw her smile to Mrs. Yang. "Ahh I'm sorry Auntie, I had a lot of work to do last night." she smiled back.

"I'll just have my usual Auntie" "okay dear I'll be right back!" Mrs. Yang replied. She came back some of the most expensive items on the menu that no one ever gets because of the fact that they are too expensive.

"Thanks Auntie! I'll see you next time!" Y/n said cheerfully as she walked out.

The boys watched her leave and immediately turned to Jungkook's grandma. "Auntie do you know her??" they asked in unison.

She chuckled looking back at them "Ahh y/n? Yes, she's extremely kind-hearted. She pretty much saved my cafe." she said as there was a little bit of tears in her eyes.

"As you boys know, I was struggling a lot when kookie moved in with me and it filled me with sadness seeing him work so much to help support me. I thought I would have to close down the cafe, but then one day she walked in." she smiled reminiscing the memories.

"She looked like any normal high school girl to me, but she bought quite a bit of stuff from me. It was probably one of my biggest and most expensive orders I've ever had in my life. She told me that she had a party coming up and that she heard great things about my cafe and that she wanted to try it."

The boys never took their eyes off Mrs. Yang as she told the story. They never knew that y/n could be so kind, they thought that y/n was gone forever.