Chapter 18

The Cold Mafia Queen

Part Eighteen

Author's pov

"I thought I told you guys that my identity was a secret for your safety." You said, leaning on the doorway, scaring the boys.

"Uh- Black Mamba- No, Y/n- Uhhh" Jungkook fumbled over his words.

You walked closer, still with a mask on. It was scary for them, but they knew that they did something wrong.

"You guys really just went out of your way to find out something that I told you should be kept secret?" You asked them. You were really disappointed that they had gone behind your back for this, but a little relieved that you didn't have to hide it anymore.

You might as well have some fun with it, "But you know... no one knows my real identity." Walking closer, pulling out a gun.

They all were terrified for their lives, you cocked the gun "When I said for your own safety, I meant that now I'd have to kill you." You said pointing the gun at them.

They screamed and you laughed. "God did you guys really think I'd kill you?" You were cracking up and they just looked at you confused.

"Yes I am still very upset with you guys for trying to find out my identity after I told you guys not to, but why would I kill the very people I'm protecting?" You said as you sat down on a chair taking off your mask.

"There are people that are after you, now that they know that you are associated with me. They've been watching me ever since I gained my position of the mafia queen."

You started telling them the whole story and suddenly everything became clearer to them.

"So the only reason you cut off ties with Jungkook and the rest of us is because the Lee gang would have been after us if they knew that we were close to you?" Namjoon said.

"Yes, I really never meant to hurt any of you, especially you, Jungkook. But you guys are the people that I cared about most, and I couldn't lose you that way."

Jungkook's pov

"I knew there was a reason. My angel, why did you need to hurt all by yourself?"

Listening to the whole story, it started to feel like I was angry over nothing. I was so upset with her for suddenly cutting me out, but at the same time I wanted to be there and love her.

"Hyungs, can I talk to y/n alone for a moment?" I said, and they all nodded walking out.

Now we were alone, I honestly didn't know what to say. She broke the silence and spoke out.

"I'm so sorr-" But before she could finish I jumped on her and hugged her as tightly as I possibly could.

"Don't apologize angel, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed someone the most." I cried into her arms.

She held onto me, and I felt like I could melt into her arms. "I missed her touch so much."

"I'm sorry koo, you have no idea how hard it was for me too. I hated not seeing you, but they threatened to kill everyone I cared about after my parents. I just couldn't take that risk."

"He threatened you?" I asked her and she nodded. "She went through all of this, and I couldn't even help her."

I finally let her go and looked into her eyes. "How did your parents die?" She looked at me with sad eyes. "Assassanation."

A single tear left her eyes, "I've always known you were a strong person, that's the reason I wanted to be more like you. To do the things you want with no regrets, but seeing you now. You don't need to be strong, I'm here." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"But I have some questions I've been dying to ask you for years." I said to her. She chuckled a little, "Sure, but it's getting late, let's finish up this conversation in my room so Jimin and Tae can have somewhere to sleep."

She grabbed my hand and we walked up to her room. I walked in and it was like a luxury hotel, I thought our rooms were big, but this one is huge.

"Woahhh." I whispered as I walked around the room. "You like it?" She giggled at me.

"How long have you lived here? After you cut ties with me, I tried going to your house, but you weren't there anymore."

"Ahh, that house was used as a cover for us. My parents were the previous King and Queen of the mafia world, so they were always in some sort of danger. So wanting to keep me safe, we'd stay in that small house and be normal people." She said with a sad smile.

"You know, they always waited for the days that you would come over to eat with us."

I wanted to cry, "I miss them, they always treated me like family. Even though I wasn't theirs."

"Come. I want to show you something." We walked into her closet and she brought out a small box with a picture inside.

It was a picture of all of us, "Is this the one we took when I came over for your birthday that one year?" She nodded

"Look on the back." I turned it over to find Family Picture 20XX  in Auntie's handwriting.

"You were always a part of our family to them." She said as she hugged me.

I felt like crying, they treated me better than my own family. I wish I could've been there for her when she needed me.

"Angel, I'm sorry for not being able to stay with you. I wish I would've taken you and run away together. Away from the mafia and away from my parents. We could've been together."

"You know I can't do that Koo, this is my responsibility. The legacy my parents left for me, I need to honor it." She said as she held my hand.

I looked into her eyes, and I felt like I saw the old y/n. The warmth they used to have and the sparkle when we locked eyes.

"I love you my angel."