[13]

Its been two months since the incident. Lisa has recovered completely. She's back to her
lively self and Taehyung had been taking good care of her. She still doesn't know about her miscarriage and Taehyung was waiting for her recovery.

Lisa woke up and saw her husband sleeping cutely beside her with his hands on her waist, hugging her close to him. She smiled and placed a long kiss on his cheek. She stared at him with a smile playing on her lips. She quickly closed her eyes and pretends to be asleep when she saw him opening his eyes.

He opened his eyes and saw Lisa sleeping beside him. He kissed her forehead deeply. He felt happy when he saw her sleeping peacefully. But it was soon vanished at the thought of the baby. He sighed.

"I'm sorry Lisa. I wish I could protect the baby and you. If I had did that, our baby will be with us now." He once again kissed her forehead.

"What are you saying?" Taehyung broke the kiss when he heard Lisa's voice. He was amazed to see her looking at him.

"Yo-you were awake?" He stammered looking at her with tension.

"Tell me, what you were talking about?" Lisa was getting impatient by now.

"Its nothing Lis. I was just...its nothing. I will get up now." Taehyung was about to get up but Lisa held his hand.

"Tae, I clearly heard what you said. Please clear it. What you mean by ' our baby'?" Lisa had tears brimming in her eyes.

"Its nothing Lis. I will tell you another time. Just leave it." He wiped her tears and was about to go but Lisa stopped him again.

"Please Taehyung, please tell me." Lisa broke out into tears. She really had guessed something when she heard him talking about baby.

Taehyung's heart sank when he saw his love pleading and crying, asking him to tell the truth. He sat beside her and wiped her tears.

"Please Tae. Tell me." Lisa jerked his hand, which was cupping her face.

"Okay, I will." At last he agreed to say it. Lisa was the baby's mother and she has the right to know it.

"Its hard for me to say this to you Lis. But you really have the rights to know..." He stopped and went closer to her face and cupped it. "...The day you got shot by Sehun, after your operation, doctor told me..." He again stopped in between.

"Doctor told you what?" Lisa stared at him with teary eyes.

"..You..you were p-reg-nant. And the b-ab-y di-ed because of the bul-let shot on you." Taehyung finally dropped the bomb, he was carrying on his chest. He hung his head down unable to see her face.

"What?.." Lisa mumbled slowly. The words were not escaping her mouth. "Are you saying the truth?" Lisa continued still staring at him with a shocked face. She thought she will have a mental breakdown at that moment.

"..." He nodded "..I'm sorry Lisa. I wish I had known about the baby and protect you and our baby. Its all my fault" Taehyung's tears spilled.

"No, Its not your fault Tae. Its my fault. I should have known about the baby. I failed as a mother." Lisa broke down. Taehyung take her in his arms, placing her head on his chest and his arms around her.

"No Lisa. I should have protected him/her. I'm a bad husband and a bad father." Taehyung tried to comfort his wife who was crying.

"I should have tested the day when I vomited and felt dizzy. I should have cared about it. I'm sorry Tae. I failed to bring your baby to the world." Lisa said between her cries.

Taehyung's heart broke into pieces when she heard her words. He made her sit on his lap. He cupped her face and make her looking to him.

"Don't say that Lis. Its not your fault..." He wiped her tears."...And don't cry now. Its the fate and we couldn't change it. And our baby is in a safe place. He/she must be happy in the heaven now. He will be playing with his friends up there. Don't make our baby sad by crying. We loved our baby, but God loved him more and took our baby with him." He wiped her tears faking a smile on his face.

Even though, he was sad, he has to stay strong for his wife. He couldn't let her suffer alone. He wants to protect her from all the miseries.

Lisa nodded and break the hug to see his face.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" She blinked few times and looked at him for an answer.

"I wanted to tell you, once you are fully recovered and healthy." Taehyung caresses her cheek wiping off some tears left there.

"Oh.." She quietly said.

"I'm so sorry baby. I didn't know about your presence. I wish I had known and taken a good care of you, not letting you leave us. I didn't know I had loved you without knowing about you. I couldn't take you to this world. I wish I could hold you in my arms for once. I fell in love with you. Now I carry you in my heart instead of being in my arms. But I'm still a mother. You're rooted deep within my soul. A part of me forever. In the deepest parts of my heart, there you are. You'll always be with me, like a handprint on my heart. I hope you'll be happy there. I love you my baby....Forever."

"An Angel from the Book of Life
wrote down my baby's birth.
Then she closed the book and whispered,
"Too good for earth."

——★——

Author's Note

Its been so long since I updated. Sorry for my late updates. I will update regularly from now on.

Thank you for reading.
Vote and comment if you liked it.

See yaa..👋