EPILOGUE

4 years later

The day dawned crisp and clear. There was a pearly glow in the sky. The dawn chorus of melodic birdsong drifted in. The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the scene.The just-risen sun shone softly on the city streets, bringing with it a flurry of early-morning activity. It was a peaceful morning.

A little girl walked through the cemetery, holding her parent's hand with her little fingers. She looked happy and cheerful. They stopped walking when they reached in front of two tombstones, which stood closer.

"Dad, why are we here?" She asked raising her head to see her father's face clearly.

"We are here to meet someone, dear." He answered kneeling down to talk to her properly.

"Who is them, Dad?" She cutely asked.

"Lia, baby, they are you're uncle and aunt." Her mother, who was beside her also knelt down to adjust her height with the little girl.

"Now, go and place these flowers on them and pray for their happiness and peace." Her mother handed her two bouquets which had lilies which resembled purity and red roses which resembled love and affection.

"Okay mom." She sweetly smiled and took the bouquets and went near the tombstones.

She quietly read the names craved on it. Kim Taehyung and Kim Lalisa

"I wish Taehyung and Lisa was still alive." Jimin quietly whispered holding Jennie's arms, who was standing beside him.

"Me too. I didn't expect them to leave this world so soon." Jennie replied.

"Jimin, should we tell Lia about her real parents?" Jennie asked facing Jimin.

"No, we should not. Lia will never know about her real parents. It was both Taehyung and Lisa's wish. It must be fulfilled. Lia will grow as our child. We will be her parents, okay?" Jimin cupped Jennie's face, making her look right into her eyes.

Jennie quietly nodded, agreeing to her words.

After Taehyung and Lisa's death, Jimin and Jennie decided to adopt Lia. They didn't want her to be lonely, without getting her parent's love and affection. Jimin and Jennie happily gave her everything she needed. They saw as her own daughter.

Lia, on the other hand, didn't knew about her real parents or their sacrifices, which they made to save their daughter.

"Hello uncle and aunt..." She smiled talking to them, "How are you both? I didn't got to see you or talk to you. But my mom and dad have told me a lot about you. I know you are good people. My dad told me, if you were still alive, you will always made me happy and will spoil me with so many toys and chocolates. I wish you were still alive.
I love you." She smiled and kissed both the tombstones and placed the bouquets on it.

Both Jimin and Jennie smiled hearing her words for her dead parents, which were indeed true.

"Bye uncle and aunt. I will come you and visit you soon." She stood up and smiled before walking back to her parents, who was admiring the moment.

"Did you prayed well?" Jimin asked taking Lia in her arms.

"Yes dad." She nodded.

Little did she knew, she felt a connection with them.

"Then, let's go?" He asked while Lia nodded.

"Come on." He put her down and held her hands, walking away from the cemetery.

"I guess our story ends here......"

—— ★ ——

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello friends,

This is the official ending of "You & Me."

Hope you liked my story.