72

It's been a week since Bucky and I first came to Wakanda, in that time, while he's in cryo I've been training with the Dora Milaje like I did when I was younger and helping Shuri in the lab, mainly getting things for her and spending time sitting by the chamber talking to Bucky, even though he can't hear me, it's just comforting to me. I've also been painting and drawing to pass the time. I've also begun teaching Luka, so he has something to do, but Shuri and the others play with him too. A few days ago, T'Challa and I returned to Romania to gather mine, Luka, Bucky's things and to take care of the apartment stuff.

It's dawn and I stand with Ramonda and Shuri on the landing pad at the palace, waiting for T'Challa, who was rescuing Nakia, who is the River Tribe heir and a War Dog, I'm dressed in a slim-fit grey t-shirt, dark blue jeans, a black zip hoodie, black combat boots, and my usual jewelry. I have some of my red curls pinned back. Luka is in my arms, yawning. I would have left him in bed, but he was already awake and wanted me. Ayo flanks us.

Okoye, Nakia, and T'Challa exit the RTF, and Nakia bows her head.

"Queen Mother... Princess. Nadya. My comfort for your loss." Nakia says.

"Thank you, Nakia." Ramonda replies "It is so good to have you back with us."

Nakia nods.

"Take her to the River Province to prepare her for the ceremony," Okoye says to Ayo.

"Yes, general," Ayo answers and puts her fist over her heart briefly, bowing her head.

Ayo nods and walks off with Nakia, keeps eye contact with T'Challa for a moment while Shuri watches closely. I watch them as well. I see Nakia look back at T'Challa briefly and smirk.

"Did he freeze?" Shuri asks.

"He definitely did," I say to Shuri then look at Okoye. "Right?"

"Like an antelope in headlights," Okoye replies, smiling.

Shuri and I laugh at this.

"Are you finished?" T'Challa asks as Okoye winks at us.

Okoye slams her spear into the ground, signaling the rest of the Dora to follow her off. T'Challa turns to Shuri.

"So surprised my little sisters came to see me off before our big day," T'Challa says.

"You wish," I say at the same time Shuri does.

"I'm here for the EMP beads. I've developed an update," Shuri tells him.

"Update? No, it worked perfectly." T'Challa protests.

"How many times do I have to teach you, just because something works, doesn't mean that it cannot be improved," Shuri says, amused.

"She has a point, brother," I say.

"You are teaching me. What do you know?" T'Challa asks in a teasing tone.

Shuri holds out her hand, and T'Challa drops the beads into her hand. Shuri heads off.

"More than you," Shuri and I both say.

"I cannot wait to see what kind of update you make to your ceremonial outfit," T'Challa calls as we walk off.

Shuri flips him off with a smile as we walk away. I snicker at that but cover Luka's eyes so he doesn't see which makes him whine.