147

Bucky and I walk down the street hand in hand as cars honk. I sigh and he looks at me, concerned.

"You ok?" he asks.

I nod. "Can I just not go to work?" I ask, my accent coming out thick.

He shrugs. "That's up to you, doll."

I sigh again. "I wish, but I have to go. If I would have called in, it wouldn't matter."

"Hmm." Bucky kisses my head. I hear an argument going on up ahead.

"Hey, hey, hey! Hey!" Yori protests to whoever he's arguing with.

"What? What?" the other guy asks. "Your can isn't even half full. Why don't we just share?"

"What?"

"You don't gotta body me, Yori."

"It's Mr. Nakajima," Yori exclaims.

"Okay."

"Mr. Nakajima!"

"Okay. Mr. Nakajima."

Bucky and I reach the alley as Yori moves closer to the other man and Bucky steps in.

"Hey! Hey!" Bucky says gently moving Yori away from the other man. "Yori, what's goin' on? I thought we're getting lunch."

"Unique is putting his trash into my trash," Yori says, gesturing to the cans as he talks.

"It's trash," Unique says shrugging.

"And the time has come for me to smack..." Yori says and moves to smack Unique.

"Whoa!" Bucky says and grabs Yori's arm, stopping him.

"It's just trash," Unique says.

"Hang on," Bucky says, wide eyes to Yori, motioning for him to hold on. Bucky turns to Unique.

"Hey, man. I'm Unique." Unique says shaking Bucky's hand. "It's like Monique, but it's got a "U" in there for uniqueness."

"That's absurd," Yori says, walking down the alley.

"Okay, sorry," Unique says and Bucky then follows Yori.

"Yori, you can't keep fighting with your neighbors," Bucky tells the old man, gently grabbing his arm. "Come on, let's get some food."

"No, go away." Yori answers.

"But Izzy. We always go to Izzy on Wednesday."

Bucky shoots me a glance and I blow him a kiss as I head to work, hearing the rest of their conversation as I go.

"I'm not in the mood today," Yori tells him.

"Hey, what if I buy?" Bucky offers and I smirk.

"Fine, but no talking."

......................................................

I walk into Izzy and head for the back. I smile at my coworker Leah, who is just getting in now, too.

"Hey Nadya" she greets me.

"Hi Leah, how are you today?" I ask, hanging up my jacket.

"I'm good. How are you?"