𝐎𝐍𝐄.

cigarettes.
chapter one -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

TIME IS precious- don't ever take it for granted otherwise you'll even start to regret wasting every second you've spent in life. In a world filled with horror and corruption, is there any space left for hope of the people?

Being born in a world where each corner brings on chaos is something that no one could ever handle. Months passed by after the fight between Tenjiku and Toman, with Toman being the victor- Hanma doesn't know what to do anymore.

The person who made his world like a circus has now departed from the foot of the world leaving him all alone, staring blankly at the void.

It was full of colors in the city of Tokyo, every person who set foot can be easily mesmerized by the beauty in the night as the moon shines brightly- smiling beneath.

In a secluded area that one- or two, knows embraced the quiet evening night. The sound of the waves crashing with eachother made the mood with the moon being reflected on the clear sea. A smell that can be sensitive to one's nose, it was nothing to Hanma.

Sitting in a isolated area as the cold wind breezes made its way. Without even shivering, Hanma placed his cigarette back to his mouth- inhaling chemicals from it before exhaling it as smoke puffs out from his mouth and throwing the stick away.

Engulfed by the warm hoodie that he had been wearing, he shifted a hand to the pockets of the clothing. A sigh filled with weight released from his dry lips.

"You there," A sound from behind- the figure making up to its way beside Hanma. "That's my spot."

Your eyes set placed upon the hooded man who didn't even bulged at the sound of your voice. A smell that you've been used to plenty of times welcomes itself up to your nose. The thought of wanting to kick him at the sides came up to your mind but retreated with that plan- you didn't want to cause any trouble.

The hooded man couldn't help but gave a low chuckle, turning his back to make eye contact with. "I don't see any name of yours that you own this spot though."

"Hah, being so logical?" You scoffed, taking out your hands from your cozy jacket. This man infront caught your interest didn't he? He reminded you of someone that you couldn't save till the end of time.

A sense of a company that they were still here but when in reality they really aren't.

Hanma looks back infront, ignoring your question but made his own question for you instead, "What are you doing here? I thought nobody comes here."

You stared at the man, eyes blinking. Silence welcomes the both of you, a comforting one. The chilly atmosphere that was given by the nature, puckering your dry rim then proceeded to bite the lower lip- observing the man two steps away from your form.

"Wow," You exhaled- a mist appears. "Ignoring questions aren't we?"

Hanma sides his eyes and saw a glimpse of you taking a seat beside him, "Just answer the question."

"Not until you answer mine first," You retorted back, wrapping your arms around your knees- placing it on to your chest and resting your face on it.

The man beside you could only hum as a response- retreating his eyes back infront while you turned your head at him. You raised a brow after getting a glimpse of his face, he looks handsome.

Hanma groans, "So- I already told mine. It's your turn to answer my question."

You paused, thinking about the time when a certain someone takes you out in here to ease eachother up from all of work and stress the both of you were getting from the world. With a shallow sigh, you swallowed, "I was just getting myself together."

No reaction that could be shown in Hanma's face, he didn't bothered on asking questions any further. It was peace and quiet- the absence of obstreperous that both of you usually engages in. In a field filled with yells and in a field filled with talks, there was none of it.

"Did you get stuck too?" A question that caught Hanma off guard- his body froze, he doesn't know what to answer. You observed how quiet the man beside you was. You sighed, leaning forward, "Did you got stuck in a dull world too?"

"I guess you could say that," Hanma's body eases after hearing your full question. And here he thought he would get caught by someone he doesn't even know.

Indeed he was stuck once again in a dull life he never wanted. The feeling of anticipation and excitement fades away from the veins of his blood. And when he thought he and Kisaki would get away every single time- it was a loss for him.

Hanma exhales, taking out another packet of a cigarette from his pockets and a lighter to lit the tip up. You pursed your lips together, "I see."

White smoke released by Hanma. You blinked facing your face at him, "You do know smoking is bad right?"

Even so, the tattoo on his hand was cool for your liking. Wondering on how he got that tattoo. Too many things that you've went through- The person beside reminds you of yourself.

No reply. Hanma doesn't want to get into the same topic once again of being frequently rebuked by a bunch of people whom he didn't even want to know.

"It'll cause lung cancer. You'll start to cough every once and then- it will be hard to breathe as if no air is going through your windpipe. You'll die in a slow yet painful way, y'know." Titling your head, trying to catch focus of the man's face.

Words that left Hanma amazed- it was like you've been through this type of death before. He laughs and continues to smoke- inhaling then exhaling.

"How odd of you to say those words," Hanma snickers, taking a glance at you but ended up making eye contact- realizing how your eyes were filled with regrets.

You chuckled, "I know right."

Your company made Hanma feel alive. The dullness that he has been feeling for the past months after Kisaki's death was starting to be filled with suspense that he never thought that you could have. Both of you shared a low laughter underneath the bleeding light of the moon, with no stars, that shunned upon both of your figures.

"It's getting boring," You stated, staring intensely at the moon miles away from you. Hanma spins his head at you, a cigarette on his hands whilst nodding- agreeing with your words.

You tug of a smile that made its way up to your face. Getting up from your seat and patting out the dirt that hang up to your clothes as Hanma stares at your form.

Taking two to three steps infront of the man and taking out a hand for him to grab. Hanma could already feel the sweet rush in his blood.

"I'm starting to like you- wanna crash at my place or something?"