𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

and it falls down.
chapter eight -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

YOU WOKE up with your bed empty, the sound of the television can be heard, and the door to your room was opened. Assuming that Hanma had already woken up from his complete slumber- you sighed.

Stretching out the stiff muscles that you had gained during a good nights sleep. How many weeks has it been since Hanma lived in together with you? You don't remember. It was now the last week for September- October will soon be starting and eventually Christmas will come.

Blinded by a thousand thoughts whenever you're with the man feels new despite knowing each other for days now. Are you sure you're just not replacing him for someone you were attached to for years?

"What do you want for lunch?" Yawning whilst making your way to the kitchen. You were well aware it was already three fifteen during the afternoon according to your clock.

But somehow the sun that was supposed to be shining brightly was nowhere to be seen. It was gloomy outside with the chilly breeze coming in from the opened window.

One of a hundred days, rain would definitely fall down like tears streaming out from your eyes but a weather like this can only give you nightmares of losing yourself in a isolated street.

Hanma turns his head to look at you and presses on a button from the remote he was holding, "Pizza."

Taking your phone to order by a local pizza shop- you made your way beside Hanma. A inch space left in between both teens, eyes focused on the gadget infront of them.

The man beside you didn't think of a much that lately. It seems like he was starting to forget about Kisaki and without a doubt he would choose you rather to be with the man he would hang with months ago.

But why you? Maybe the comfort and excitement he was looking for was with the person sitting beside him- Hanma was certain with his choice to stay with you. He can go back to the future but for the meantime, he'll continue to stick close with the person he was slowly leaning on.

Even if he doesn't understand what's going on with your mind, a hug of comfort is all he could give.

"Woah," You bit on the pizza. Cheese stretching out and it looks appetizing. Hanma chuckles at your figure as he took a big bite.

Chewing the pieces of food on your mouth, savoring each and every taste, and speaking out words of flattery. Hanma would only listen to you, eyes filled with admiration that are unnoticed by both of you. The sound of raindrops echoes- it caught both of your attention.

You swallowed, slightly lowering your hand down and turning your head to the window. Hanma raises a brow, why'd you look out all of the sudden?

"Do you like rain?" You truly cease to amaze Hanma with different kinds of unexpected questions he would get from you.

Hanma hums, "Maybe. Maybe not."

Rain is a weather most people will admire- a weather for them to feel comfort. But to Hanma, he feels nothing whenever it rains. He's neutral with it.

"I see," Hanma received a short response at the person inch away from him. He leans back on his seat, "What about you?"

You paused- fixing your posture and taking a glance at Hanma. A smile on the face that Hanma couldn't help but stare at it.

"It's a love-hate relationship."

The pits of his stomach tightened. His breath stolen away from a person he stays with all the time. And it has always been like this- he just doesn't realize it yet. That maybe... he was starting to fall for someone he didn't expect.

A rage, the rain became heavier. Small drops of water entering into the opened window. You stood up from your seat, stretching to ease out the stiffness that you had received from sitting on the same position.

"I want to let something out," Hanma eyes you. "Let's go outside."

An impact of drops of water hits your head. You spread out your arms wide open, letting the rain accept you towards them. Let you be gone in a abyss, where no one will find you.

A place where you could shout until your throat goes dry, cry until you've grown tired, and slowly die. Who knows what would happen next- would someone cry?

Hanma- he's with you isn't he? A person that keeps you company from losing yourself in a filthy world. But haven't you already went there? Lost and empty, but the desperation of bringing back someone- it's what caused you to move on.

Is it really selfish to say... that you're imagining that they're with you instead of Hanma?

"AHHHHHH!!" You yelled, letting out the unwanted frustrations that started circling around your mind. Hanma slightly widens his eyes, why are you shouting in the rain?

The man takes a step towards you. A complex feeling that went up to his chest. "...What are you doing?"

"The rain is loud isn't it? And we live in a city where lots of people walks around. People have emotions that they bottle up inside- the only way to release them is to yell them all out in the rain." Looking at Hanma with a smile.

You sighed, lowering your head and continued- this time you were muttering down your words, "...Someone taught me all of this. It's like a tradition for the both of us."

Hanma swallows and quietly listens. Who's the someone you've been talking about? By the sound of your voice- it had lost all of its hope.

"I... wanted to share it with you too, Hanma." A genuine smile appears. "That's why-" You paused, taking steps forward for you to grab on Hanma's hands that were resting by his sides.

Hanma hitches his breath when your skin made contact with his and realizing, that you're hand is cold than the usual. You continued, "- you should do it too, Hanma."

The past months- more specifically the death of Kisaki. He cried, he will not deny that. But did he got to let out the mixed emotions he was getting? After when Kisaki died and before he met you, there was no one else left to make his excitement go wild. Everything is locked up until this day.

Without any notice, Hanma yells- his voice cracking. You were startled by the sudden sream but after awhile your face eases, realizing that Hanma had went through something terrible and he didn't have the chance to scream it all out.

The man doesn't even wants to do this and yet here he is, screaming out loud- having a contest with the rain. He could feel your grip on his hands tightens.

Hanma takes a look at you with admiration, "How was that?"

"Very pleasing," Intertwining both of your hands together. His tough texture and warm ones takes over, your smile slowly widens.

Let's say the both of you screamed until it became a game of tag as the rain slowly lights up. And stars were shining upon two teenagers running on a empty street- laughing together. Just like every other ordinary day, a day filled with excitement.

The next day, you both got sick.