Chapter 21; Roses.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

The sun shining through the window in my room, woke me up slowly. I always loved waking up to the sun in my eyes. It made me feel fresh, and new. But ever since my change, I didn't like it. I wouldn't say I hated it, just didn't enjoy it as much.

Sitting up, I stared at my wavy bed-head hair, and sighed. I brushed it quickly and headed downstairs. Stefan was awake already, Damon was either sleeping or gone. Either way I wasn't going to spend time thinking about it. I sat down at the kitchen table, and Stefan set down a hot cup of coffee infront of me. "Thanks." I said wrapping my hands around it, letting the warmth of the cup sink into my skin.

"No problem." He said, pouring his own cup. "So, I heard about last night." He said eyeing me and sitting down across from me. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm the one that ended it." I said sipping my coffee. "Yeah, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." He said raising an eyebrow. "I'm fine." I said quickly. He nodded, "Hey." He said quickly,. "I have to go into town today, get a few things. Why don't you come with me." He offered setting his cup down. 

I eyed him, it didn't sound bad. I did need to get out of the house anyways, "Sure." I said with a soft smile. He nodded, "I'm leaving in an hour, be ready than."

I nodded and got up, before heading upstairs. I took a quick shower, the thin walls easily let me listen as Damon drug his feet down the hallway and downstairs. He must have just woken up. I looked down, letting the hot water flow over my closed eyes. With a sigh, I shut the water off and got out.

I was ready in 30 minutes, and made my way downstairs. "Stefan, I'm r-.." I said hopping off of the last step on the stairs. I froze as he walked out of the living room with Stefan right behind him. Damon, he stopped and eyed me. He didn't look sleep anymore, he wore the usual black jacket, pants, and boots with a grey t-shirt. His black hair was falling down on his forehead.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"Well, me and Loralie are going to town today. You are welcome to join us." Stefan offered as I stood up from the couch. He stood up after me, "No thanks brother, I have business to take care of." I said walking towards the front door.

"Stefan, I'm r-.." I stopped, she stood between me and the door, her curly hair was flowing in waves down her shoulders. Her blue eyes stared up at mine, she looked just as speechless as I did. We obviously didn't expect to see each other this morning. 

"Come on, Loralie." Stefan said walking around me and out of the door, holding it open for her. She stared at me, for another few seconds, before turning and heading out of the door. I looked up at Stefan, who gave me an odd look, a look i've never seen before, before following after her.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"That must have been a bit.." Stefan began as we drove towards town. "Awkward?" I offered. He nodded, "Kind of, It was more..tender than Awkward. Like, it brought all the reasons I shouldn't have done it up, but the reason I did do it, just overpowers all of them.." I said softly.

He nodded, but kept his eyes on the road. "This always happens when it comes to Damon," Stefan said. "Just, don't be surprised if he leaves the house for a few days." He said. "Why?" I asked. "Because, Damon doesn't do long relationships, he never opens up his heart, he's only done that three times. Katherine, He almost did it with Elena.."

He paused and looked down. Quickly he looked back at the road, "And he opened up to you." He added. "Me?" I asked. "No, if he had done that..I would have noticed, I would have felt it. He acted like..normal Damon." I said.

"That's the weird thing about Damon, he doesn't know everything he has. He's been hurt, by Katherine, and Elena. And when those are the only two times he has opened up to anyone, it makes it even harder to open up, so when he does, he tries to give his all, but he doesn't know how to do that, without hurting." Stefan said.

"Loralie," He said after a few minutes of silence. "If you feel like staying away from him is best, then do it. I'm not trying to make you go back to him.." He said slowly. I looked up at him. "I'm just saying, Damon isn't the best person to be with when it comes to relationships, but yours.." 

"I've never seen him more true, than when he is with you." He nodded and kept his eyes on the road.

The town finally came, and we parked in front of gun store. Stefan got out, and I followed him. While he ran inside, I averted my attention to a large patch of roses stretching out of the black gates blocking a small grassy alley that led to the forest. I walked over to it and cupped a large rose in my hands.

I quickly looked up as a small green hummingbird flew over head, and eyed me. It stayed it's distnace, but watched me slowly. After a minute or so, It calmed down and hovered in front of a large rose, drinking the nectar. "Roses?" The hummingbird flew away by the voice, and I turned to see Stefan walking over to me.

"Yeah, my favorite flower." I said. "Red ones are the best." I added. "I prefer yellow roses." He said with a smile. I shrugged, "Those are pretty too." I smiled letting the rose go. He eyed me with narrowd eyes, before slowly smiling and heading back towards the car with me.

I sat down in the car slowly, "Wow,..I think I'm getting out of shape or something.." I said. "Why?" He asked. "I just got out of breath by sitting down.." I said with wide eyes. He laughed, "Let's get home." 

I laughed at a dumb joke Stefan said as we walked towards the front door, and without paying attention I tripped. Luckily, Stefan quickly grabbed me and with a laugh, threw an arm over my shoulder. "You suck at jokes." I said. He smiled, "Maybe, but I try." We got to the front door, and it opened before we could touch it. As it flew open, A woman stood in the doorway, she had grey eyes, and blonde hair. 

She eyed me down, before smirking and straightening her dress and walking around me and Stefan and disappearing. Damon now stood in the empty doorway.

Damon's P.O.V.-

She opened the door, and in the doorway, was Stefan and Loralie. And he had his arm around her.  Lizzy walked around them and into the darkness. I eyed her, and she eyed me back. Stefan slowly slid his arm off of her, and she shook her head before walking around me and into the house.

I looked down, and kept my eyes away from Stefan. I didn't want to hurt him, I couldn't. He slowly walked inside after her, and around me. I stayed in the living room until around 1. I was sure they were both asleep. I was sitting on the couch When she walked in..

She wore a large shirt that hung off of one shoulder, and shorts that hugged her perfectly. She eyed me, "I thought you were asleep." She said. "Well, I'm not." I replied, sipping my bourbon. "What were you planning on doing?" I asked.

"Stealing some of your bourbon." She replied coldly. Blunt, much. 

"Sit down, and I'll pour you a cup." I said motioning towards the chair, and setting my bourbon down. She shook her head, "I'm not taking my chances, no telling where you and that girl were while me and Stefan were gone." She said crossing her arms.

I rolled my eyes and sat back heavily. "So, that's what the look you gave me at the door was about?" I asked. "No, It was about the bathroom," She said narrowing her eyes, "I'm tired of you leaving the lid up." She sarcastically said. 

I looked down slowly, staring at my cup of bourbon. She was in front of my in seconds, blocking my view. I stared at her legs, and slowly followed them up to her face. She un-crossed her arms and leaned down, placing one arm on each side of me. Her face was inches from mine. 

She leaned in even closer, her blue eyes locking with mine, I had the urge to push her away, my mind told me to scoot out of reach, to get away. For once in my life, it told me not to fight, to run. But I didn't. She looked down at my lips, and slowly letting them graze.

Just as I thought things were going to fall back into place for me, she pulled away and stood up, and she had my cup of bourbon in hand. She sipped it and smirked, "Thanks for the bourbon." She said before turning and leaving me alone the room. 

I looked down at my lap, dumbfounded, "She plays my game better than I do." I mumbled.