Chapter 30; This is It, Isn't it?

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"We need to do something, before Klaus or anyone else finds out." I said standing up.

"Someone needs to tell Loralie." Damon said with wide eyes. "No." Bonnie said. "No tell what she'll do." She replied. "This is Loralie, she wouldn't hurt a flie, but it's getting dark out and she hasn't gotten home yet, so I need to go find her." He said before turning and walking out of the front door, before he could even close it, he was thrown from the porch and onto the ground. The attacker, which was a blur, froze.

Klaus.

Damon rolled to a stop on the ground and instantly two hybrids were behind him, one snatched him by the hair and pulled him onto his knees while the other watched and smiled. "Fuck me." Damon mumbled. I was at the door in seconds, and Bonnie was behind me. "Go ahead, little Stefan." Klaus said turning to look at me with a smile. "Come outside, save your brother" He said smirking.

And I did, in a blur I rammed into Klaus, knocking him a few steps back, before he turned, slamming me into the porch railing.

"Bonnie go!" I yelled and she did. She hopped off of the porch and took off into the woods. "Don't.!" Klaus hissed as the free hybrid turned to go after her. "She's exactly what we need." He said as I readied myself for another fight.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I sat alone in the dark, staring at the star, though I don't know why they were so interesting. "Loralie!" I heard the distant screaming. I stood up and listened closely. I heard it again, and disappeared instantly. I was a few feet infront of the screaming girl in seconds and she stumbled to a stop. "Loralie!" Bonnie sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked grabbing her. "It's Klaus, and his hybrids. They attacked Stefan and Damon at the house." 

"Come on!" I said walking around her. "No, you go, I'll meet you there." She said leaning against a tree. I nodded and was gone. Making it to the house, I noticed the front door was wide open, and everybody was gone, Except Stefan who laid knocked out cold in front of the porch. I kneeled beside him quickly. "Stefan?" I whispered. His neck had been broken, he would wake up soon, but I didn't have that time. Damon was missing.

I looked up from Stefan and towards the woods as the rustling of leaves caught my attention. A girl stood in the shadows, with a smirk, and just like that she was gone. I quickly took off after her, without a thought. Which I now know, was pretty stupid.

I followed her scent for a few minutes, but lost her.

 I followed the direction she took off in, and soon came upon a large cabin. Old and abandoned, supposedly. Her scent was all over it, though. The door was wide open, and I slowly walked to the door. "Damon." I said, spotting him laying against a large pole standing in the middle of the room. He was tied up, and staring at the floor. "Loralie.." He said looking up at me. I walked forward and into the cabin." No!" He said quickly, but it was to late. I felt the sharp pain stretch across my face as the blur passed me, and stopped a few feet away. It was the girl, she smirked, as I reached up to touch my face, claw marks stretched down my cheek.

My mouth dropped open, "You stupid,-" She pinned me against the wall quickly, holding me by the throat with a smile. "Stupid what?" She asked softly. I mumled something, and she leaned in closer, "What?" She asked again. "Stupid, Mutt." I whispered, and leaned my feet up, before kicking against her. She fell back a few feet, and I fell to the ground on my back. I slowly sat up and tried to get my breath back.

I looked up finally able to breathe, and I noticed it. A light golden wolf with green eyes, she must have changed when I kicked her. Her eyes dug into me as she growled low. I rolled over and stood up slowly and eyeing her. She licked her lips and took a step forward. "No!" Damon hissed as she leaped forward, just as she hit me, I changed, throwing us to the ground. 

Damon's P.O.V.-

I pulled against the ropes covered, but it was no use, Klaus was smart and didn't use normal ropes. I watched as Loralie took the golden wolf to the ground, and a blur of white and gold fur rolled around as they fought. Snarling and whimpering filled the room, and all I could do was sit there. I pulled against the ropes again, ignoring the burning pain. "No use," I looked up at the large man standing over me, another hybrid. 

I glared at him, "I'll rip out your esophagus." I hissed, before looking down. He laughed, but it was cut off as I heard a large whimper and looked up quickly, the hybrid followed my gaze to see Loralie holding the golden wolf down, her teeth bared at the wolf's throat. "Alicia, No!" The man yelled leaping forward and shifting himself. "No!" I yelled pulling forward as he tackled Loralie to the side, letting the gold wolf get up. The male wolf instantly pushed Loralie to the ground as The golden one tore at her back. I closed my eyes, I couldn't listen to it, the whimpering Loralie gave off, almost like screaming. I yanked against the ropes again, "No!" I yelled again.

"That's enough." I didn't have to look to see who it was, Klaus stood at the doorway to the cabin, with his hands behind his back. The two wolves slowly released Loralie and took a few steps back. "Leave them be, he needs to see what happens when someone defies me." Klaus said turning and walking into the darkness."Come back here and Kill me like a man Klaus!" I yelled. The male wolf looked over at me, before licking his bloody muzzle and trotting out after Klaus. The female eyed me, as I stared at the ground, before jogging around me to my back. I expected pain, but no. The ropes fell off of my wrists, and I heard her whisper, "Go to her." Instead of doing what she said, I stood up and turned quickly, ready to rip her throat out, but she was gone. 

I turned my gaze to Loralie, still in wolf form. I kneeled beside her, taking her head into my lap. Blood dripped off of her neck and her stomach. Her breathing was weak and shallow. "Loralie," She whimpered softly as I stroked her head. I couldn't help her heal, she had lost to much blood to do it herself or to shift back into human form, and her wolf form couldn't keep down vampire blood. "How can I fix this, tell me and I'll do it." I said softly, staring into her blue eyes. She slowly lifted her head and looked down at her chest. The one thing that never ripped apart when she shifted, the one escape she had. Her necklace. 

She looked back up at me, "No." I said shaking my head. "You're stronger than this, Lori. You always make it through." I said eyeing her. She whimpered again as a bit more blood spilt from her body. I gazed at her, What was I going to do..

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"You wanna know something?" He asked, gazing down at me with that look he did when he was trying to be strong. I sighed in response "I can't belive I'm saying this, but I Damon Salvatore, and In love with Loralie Gilbert." I huffed at his sentence, he was copying my words from my diary. "I want you to make it, Loralie. I want a lot of things, actually. I want you, most out of everything. Forever, with you. But I can't be selfish with you, I can't keep you in this pain, when you don't want to be in it.." He said softly, the words getting caught in his throat several times. 

I pulled myself up a bit, and placed my head against his, my fur warming his cold body. I nuzzled him softly, before laying my head back down in his lap and sighing. "I love you, Loralie Gilbert." He said once more, his voice quivering slightly, though he cleared his throat and looked away. "This is it, isn't.?" He whispered. I nodded softly, eyeing him. He nodded and looked back down. He slowly reached down, grabbing the necklace in his hands. He stared at it for a few moments.I heard the sizzling as he closed his hand and let the necklace burn into his palm. He leaned down, and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes letting a small tear slip down my fur, and felt the sudden pressure as the necklace was ripped from my neck, and I felt no pain, nothing. All I saw was darkness as It took over my vision.