Chapter 6: Dodgeball Duel.

The day was just like any other. School had already gotten out, but when all was said and done, things weren't exactly going to go easy. Not when you're an Ultimate.

This evening should have been very relaxing for Hasami Saihara, but she would soon come to find that it wouldn't stay that way for very long. This afternoon, Hasami's family had decided to pay a visit to the Momota family household for tea and a chat. Take the current situation, as Hasami sat alongside her mother opposite Wakaba and her mother.

[Kaede Saihara - Former Ultimate Pianist]

Hasami's mother and Shuichi's far more outgoing wife. She gained her title as the Ultimate Pianist after winning a contest. Her strongest motive to play the piano was to make her audience smile, and she always remembered her motive during her performances so that she could control her.

Kaede is an optimistic hard worker. As a leader type with a firm character, she has a strong will and doesn't hesitate to take action; her notable character trait being her strong sense of belief in herself and others. While she's far more friendly and social than her husband and daughter, it's plain to see that she is where Hasami gets her confidence from.

[Maki Momota - Former Ultimate Assassin]

Having been raised in an orphanage, Maki is very skilled at taking care of others, as she was ordered to take care of the younger children. Trained as a child under the threat of having her orphanage be targeted if she failed, Maki developed a proficiency with multiple types of weapons and powerful strength and endurance.

Her assassin days are far behind her now, but Maki still has a very serious personality, as she doesn't really seem to smile much if at all. According to many people, including Kaede and her husband Kaito however, Maki is actually capable of deep love, something that her family and children in particular are able to see.

"This is really good tea!" Kaede licked her lips as she took a sip "you're really good at this Wakaba!"

"Thank you Ma'am..." Wakaba smiled.

"Oh, don't you say things like that," Kaede winked "just call me Kaede, I don't mind. But this really is something else, it rivals even Hasami's tea."

"I'm sitting right next to you..." Hasami scowled "and she's only so good because I taught her the proper way to make it."

"Thanks for that." Wakaba smiled across the table. Hasami smiled back.

As shown very many times before now, Hasami was quite a cold and calculating individual, but at heart she was kind and sweet. She just always put business and status first, and in "work mode" she was very unfriendly an openly abrasive to everyone. Wakaba was different though. Because their family's had been friends for so long, they'd grown up together since the pair of them were in diapers. The same was for their younger brothers.

"Sorry we keep dropping by so much lately," Kaede apologized, drinking more tea "you'll be out of teabags soon..."

Maki laughed. "You're just here to check up on us, aren't you? Don't kid around..."

"Aw~ How'd you know?" Kaede asked "I thought I was doing a good job at hiding it?"

"You were," Maki complimented "can't really say the same for your partner though..."

The girls all looked towards the sofa in the room, with both Shuichi and Wakaba's father Kaito sitting and playing Dark Souls together.

"Aw drat!" Shuichi sighed "I died again!"