Chapter 9a: Delinquent Study Session

"You've gotta be kidding me, right!?" Liam exclaimed after the teacher left the homeroom at the end of the day "they can't be serious, can they?"

"It's not an unwarranted decision," Shima told him "moving the exams forward means that more school events can be fitted into the schedule. It also gives the school more time to deal with certain issues the general public have brought forward. After all, didn't something happen with the reserve course recently?"

"There was a fight between 2 students of the reserve course and things got a little ugly. People in the PA and public were pushing complaints through the faculty about how the school didn't put a stop to it. Almost as if they don't care at all about the Reserve Course Students." Min clarified "I don't believe that to be the case for one second, though the Reserve Course are always looking for ways to one up Ultimate's."

"Kuroba, what's your dad said about it?" Genji asked "I'm sure he must've brought it up with you or vise versa?"

"Well, he said that the reason he didn't interject is because no one, not a single person, informed the faculty about it. Teachers can monitor student behavior, but ultimately it's up to students to monitor themselves," Kuroba explained "but the fact that no one did report it has only served to cause issues for us...It makes me wonder if all of this was one big scheme to get back at us..."

"If it was, that's fucking genius," Liam snapped "but then again, this is Reserve Course we're talking about. They're nothing special...and yet they wonder why we get all the credit."

"I have some friends in the Reserve Course I'll have you know," Min scowled "I don't take very kindly to you talking to them that way."

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry," Liam frowned "the main problem is the exams though..."

"Right, we need to find a way to prepare for them," Kuroba said "we'll have to crack down on studying until they happen."

"Do we need to study though?" Shimara asked "I've heard that so long as you pass the part that pertains to your talent, any other score you get is obsolete."

"Maybe that is the case...in the scenario where you fail at least," Min told him "but good scores in other fields of general studies can better your paths and potential in the Future. For example, a surgeon with a high grade in biology will certainly be more reliable than a surgeon who failed biology, am I wrong?"

"No, I suppose you have a point," Shimara said "in which case, what are we supposed to do?"

"Maybe we could ask Keiko?" Genji suggested "he's got the highest general studies grade in our class. Even if he doesn't lend us his help, I'm sure he'd be glad to give us pointers."

"Did someone mention my name?" as if on queue, the class prez himself walked in, accompanied by Nekatsu. 

"Ah, Keiko, perfect timing!" Liam exclaimed, running up to him "say, do you think you could lend me...uh...US a huge hand?"

"That depends if it's within my ability," Keiko raised a curious eyebrow "what's the occasion?"

"We basically just need study help," Kuroba explained "midterm exams have been pushed forward, so we've got no choice but to cram for when they arrive. We were hoping you could help?"

"Oh, Bro already agreed to let me come round his house and study," Neko said "wouldn't hurt to invite a few more people, would it?"

"Hmm...No, I suppose not, but I would have to let my dads know," he said "plus, I can only take a certain number of people. At least 4 others besides Neko will suffice."

"Well, I don't mind dropping out," Genji said "with my grades, I'm not too worried about it. Plus I can study in my own time."

"Please, you gotta help me out!" Liam begged "I'm really lagging behind, and I don't wanna be the class idiot because I got a bad grade!"