Chapter 7b: Prank War

The prank war that was going on between the stuck-up PI and the clown prince spy was now beginning to escalate into something a lot more brutal. Mostly because Damasu knew that from this point on, he had to up his game more than he had before. As of such, he decided to strike Hasami when her guard was down. Of course, now that she'd successfully embarrassed him in public, it was his turn to pull a similar stunt, but this also meant that Hasami was going to be a lot more cautious, so if he was going to strike, he'd have to break the rules a little bit.

Oftentimes when she was busy, and/or couldn't be bothered, Hasami would sleep in her research lab, like how Haruhi did each night. However, ever since this little scuffle between them had started, she had started going home each night. Damasu intended to catch her sleeping, like he had done the day this war started, but in order to do so, he'd have to sneak into Hasami's house.

Fortunately for him and unfortunately for Hasami, Damasu was very skilled when it came to stealth and acrobatics. He could sneak around without making a peep, and he was agile enough to be able to scale walls and other such surfaces. During the night, and while also making sure that no one heard him, Damasu snuck through Hasami's window, armed with one single item. His phone. Of course, he'd made sure to keep it silent and turn the flash off. Once crawling through her bedroom window, Damasu found Hasami sleeping in her bed. Being very careful not to wake her, he reached for her arm and put it in the right position. With a sly grin, he snapped a picture, and escaped through the window he came in from.

"DUMBASS-U OUMAAA!" Hasami would scream the next day. Knowing she would arrive, Damasu had waited for her in his research lab instead of the classroom, as to not cause a scene, mindlessly scribbling on a crossword as he awaited her. Hasami, red in the face from both embarrassment and rage, put a laptop with a picture on it.

"Mind telling me what THIS is...!?" she growled? On the screen of her laptop was the picture Damasu had taken of her in bed last night, after he had repositioned her hand to make her look like she was picking her nose in her sleep.

"A disgusting habit?" Damasu replied absent-mindedly?

"YOU HACKED MY SOCIAL MEDIA!" Hasami leered.

"Well, clearly "Saxaphone" isn't a very secure password Hasami-chan," he shrugged "seriously, even Hosu could've figured that out."

"You do realize that I could arrest you for breaking and entering, right!?" she snapped.

"No, you can't!" Damasu smirked "I deleted that photo and left no traces on my phone. On top of that, I made double sure that I wouldn't leave any tracks when I came."

This was true. Not only had Damasu made sure not to touch anything, and put things back the way they were when he found them, but he'd even worn clothes and brought sanitation equipment as to not leave fingerprints or boot marks on Hasami's house wall.

"Alright then..." Hasami scowled, breathing heavily "you wanna play like that!? LET'S GAME!"

Hasami's follow up wasn't as miraculous as what Damasu had already pulled on her, but she made sure to analyze the situation carefully, and ensure that it happened at the right time and the right place. During lunch time, right when it started, Damasu would always head to the cafeteria and buy a little snack for lunch. He didn't need anything packed or anything too big so long as it satiated his hunger before the class. A regular old chocolate bar would do.

Hasami wanted as little to do with the bastard as possible, but she was still so naturally observant that she knew this, and thus, she decided to place a trap, and wait. She was used to stakeouts.

Sure enough, by the time lunch came around, the "prank king" himself came to get his snack, and had the yen in his hand like nothing was wrong. He ordered a chocolate bar, and it fell to the bottom of the machine. Hasami had initially thought of taking everything out of the vending machine to spite him as a prank, but she figured that this would be a better alternative.