Chapter 1a: Kuroba Naegi.

Hope's Peak Academy was a government-sanctioned co-ed private city-center high school with boarding facilities founded several decades ago. The school was founded by Izuru Kamukura in order to develop and research the talents of exceptional high school age children known as Ultimates. Unlike a typical high school, the students did not have to participate in entrance exams, but instead were scouted by the school itself as Ultimate experts in their field, with the exception of the Ultimate Lucky Student whose talent was determined by winning a lottery draw.

Prior to being scouted, the students had to have already been attending another high school by requirement, meaning they were at minimum 16 years old. Rather than typical school studies, students of Hope's Peak Academy were encouraged to develop their talents, with a practical exam in September halfway through each school year, where they would be required to demonstrate their ability. These practical exams were judged by dignitaries and experts and widely reported by the media in order to give Hope in the future to the nation, and failure could mean expulsion. Ultimate students who successfully graduated Hope's Peak Academy had the reputation of being guaranteed success in life, with many Hope's Peak graduates holding high positions in every field of the professional world.

Now that we've given all of that information that we copied from the wiki, you might be wondering why it is that we've brought this up. Well, it's because our story revolves quite heavily around one of the classes of Hope's Peak Academy. More specifically, the biggest landmark in the academy's history: Class 100.

Yes, 100. This academy had been so successful, despite it's ups and downs, that it had managed to survive through so many years of history, and now it had over 100 Classes of Ultimate Students. Our story is going to focus around this class and their endeavors...But for now, let's turn our attention to one young girl in particular.

It was around 5am in the morning at the Naegi household. Very early in the morning, however there was a disturbance in the house at this time. In one of the home's bedrooms, a young girl was mindlessly jotting down notes in a small notepad.

One could say that waking up this early in the morning wasn't exactly what one would call healthy, however, the girl had always been partially an insomniac, and it didn't bother her. By this point, she had already gotten out of bed, made her bed, opened her curtains, brushed her spiky hair, and gotten dressed into her usual school attire.

This girl is the protagonist of our story. An Ultimate Student by the name of Kuroba Naegi.

[Kuroba Naegi - Ultimate Detective]

A fledgling detective prodigy, Kuroba takes quite heavily after her mother, Kyoko Kirigiri (formerly) and carries the title of Ultimate Detective, just like she once did. Despite being so young, Kuroba had helped her mother on many crime scene investigations, ranging from burglary to homicide, before she even became an Ultimate.

While Kuroba has a very keen intellect, is much smarter than most girls her age, and has a very keen eye; all great traits for a detective, in reality, a lot of her cases are solved purely from chance. Evidence important to the investigation sometimes has a habit of turning up, sometimes literally in her palm, through the course of sheer dumb luck.

Kuroba sat breathing quietly as she read through her notebook filled with Notes from her previous cases. Even after she solved them, she would always look back on them and see if there were any other things that could maybe have given a crime's perpetrator away. It was all for the sake of gaining more experience and learning from one's slip ups.

All of a sudden, the door to her bedroom suddenly burst open, and a spry young boy with deep purple hair waved his arms and beamed at her.

"Kuroba!" he exclaimed "morning! Breakfast is ready! Come downstairs!"