Chapter 5

"I do not understand," Bright grumbles as he tries on a third pair of shoes. "Why do I keep having to appear in shows with him if the whole plan was to separate our careers."

Mr. Saetang holds back a sigh. He has been managing Bright for many years now and this boy has powered through the many demands of celebrity without as much as roll of an eye.  Shoots 'til 4am? Sure! Eat tadpoles for a travel segment? You got it! Photo shoot under the blazing 40 degree sun? Done and done! Mr. Saetang is at a loss then why appearances with Win is what makes Bright whine. But it his job to be the voice of reason so he tries to explain it one more time:

"Look at it from the point of view of another business. If you were employees, that would make you co-workers, right? And co-workers sometimes have projects together and sometimes they do not. For this show, you have to work together along with other co-workers."

Bright continues to glower. "The world doesn't make a big deal when co-workers work together. That's not the case for the two of us."

Saetang can hardly hold back his sigh now. "Bright, whether or not you appear in a show together you do know that the fans of your love team will forever fuss about the things you both do. And they are your base market so we are not going to discourage that. What we are doing is growing your audience, getting you fanbases outside of you and Win being an on-screen couple."

Now, Bright looks angry and bored. Saetang rubs his forehead.

"You have worked with so many actors and actresses, Bright. Why is this such a big deal? You only have one segment in this entire show where you and Win interact. Is there something I don't know? Did the two of you fight?"

"We don't talk, how can we fight?" Bright responds as he tersely laces the sneakers he finally chose.

"Exactly," Saetang says. "He's just a co-star. This is just a job. You got this."

"Fine. Am ready." Bright says.

Saetang rubs his forehead again. He can feel a stress headache forming. "Bright, maybe if we don't want your love team fans to flood the internet , you should wear a different pair of sneakers, yeah?"

Bright looks down at the mismatched Converse high tops he was wearing. He blinks at the realization of what he had chosen to wear. Wordlessly, he changes into another pair of shoes, no longer caring if it matched his clothes.