Team Up. Again.

Settling into my seat I pulled out my phone to send Atsumi a quick message before reading over the files more thoroughly.

Kai: I just got assigned a mission. It's a shit show.

Atsumi: What kind of mission?

Kai: The classified kind. You know, my favorite. Call Hizashi or Shouta and they can explain better. They didn't technically agree to the terms. Just know that I'm done with government bullshit Atsu.

Atsumi: Send me their number and I will. Anything comes up you call me. I don't care who says not to. Stay safe Tiger.

After sending him the numbers I began thumbing through the files. The first child abducted was twelve years old. She had been walking home alone from a friends house and never made it. Apparently the police and parents looked non stop for months until the trail went cold.

The second was a fourteen year old boy. He was leaving school and was taken right outside the gates. The eyewitnesses said that they saw a van pull up beside him and within seconds they were gone. The street cameras didn't catch a thing on the vehicle.

The list went on. One being taken from the park. Another from the store. Another right from her mothers hands. But the one thing they all had in common was that they left little to no trace and there was no trail to follow. They cover their tracks so thoroughly. They were all in broad daylight. No even caring if there was witnesses.

Closing the file I leaned my head back against the headrest and shut my eyes. I had about fifteen minutes until I got to the station.

Fifteen minutes might as well been like two. The train was coming to a stop before I knew it and I was shuffling my way off with other exiting passengers. Stepping out of the station I turned down the street and pulled out my phone. I put in the address and followed the directions to get there.

When I arrived there was no one else besides the few people walking by. I opened the file and made to double check the meeting time and place. I was only a couple of minutes early. Looking around I still didn't see another pro hero. Taking a deep breath I caught a familiar scent. One that I was kind of hoping I'd never come across again. One that brought back bad memories. Looking up I saw the silhouette of a man looking down from the rooftop. I squinted as he leapt down gliding down slowly.

His red feathered wings being the first thing that came into focus. Closely followed by his wind swept blonde hair and yellow aviators. "Been a while Tiger," He smiled when he landed in front of me lifting his glasses to the top of his head.

"Not long enough," I rolled my eyes. "It's Tyga. Not Tiger. You know this."

"Close enough isn't it?" he asked with a wink. You have got to be kidding me. The universe really is testing me today.

"Whatever you say Pigeon." I smirked back.

"Ouch. Is that how you talk to an old friend?" He grasped his chest

"What friend? Last I remember you left as soon as the hammer came down. Your name was never mentioned. You flew away unscathed in the incident." I snapped

"You're right," He rubbed the back of his head. At least he looked a little apologetic. "Thanks for that."

"Whatever. I didn't do it for you" I shrugged. I really didn't want to go thinking about the last year again. This guy was my "partner in crime" and though I never breathed a word to anyone who it was, I was still grateful for his help getting the kids out of that facility. In return for his help, I promised that if everything went south I was to say he had no involvement. I upheld my side of the agreement at great cost.