Chapter 12

In the blink of an eye, a day went by. Tonight was Maggie's and Andrew's blind date. And Arizona and I have been waiting, lounging, and drinking here at Joe's for the past hour. We were watching the door too as we did. 

And there she was, Maggie, my beautiful hard-headed sister who refused to go on this date for the most part. Not until Arizona convinced her in private to go, up 'till tonight I still don't know how she convinced Maggie, but she did something I couldn't so I'm not complaining. 

Maggie walked over to us in tights and a hoodie. Way to dress for a date, I joke to myself. 

"Hi," she sat beside us. "Just so you know, I'm still not going to enjoy this. I just went along so McPerky here can get off my nerves." She said and Arizona laughed.

"Where's my date?" Before Arizona and I could answer, the bell on top of the door rung. The door swung open and there was Andrew in a hoodie that was layered with a denim jacket on top.

"Great, what is he doing here?" Maggie said. "Didn't we agree to let him slide? You're the attending Mags, you're the-"

"Grown-up, yeah, yeah. But still, did he have to show up on the night of my blind date?" she rolled her eyes. Arizona nodded at me before walking to Andrew. "Wait, did Arizona invite him?"

I smirk, "You'll see."

Arizona and Andrew walked towards us, constantly whispering at each other, what an attractive pair of roommates, I thought. Beside me, Maggie still appeared to be clueless as hell.

"Andrew, this is Maggie, Amelia's sister. Maggie, this is Andrew, my roommate." Arizona said, the smile I know and love spread on her face. "I would rather not shake hands with him, I'm just going to sit here and ignore you for the rest of the night. Besides, I'm waiting for my blind date." Maggie retorts, when she said 'you', she pointed at Andrew.

"Come on, Maggie." Andrew said. I guess it surprised Maggie and shook his hand either way.

"Still. I'm not going to talk to you. Blind date, remember." Arizona could only laugh at Maggie's cluelessness. She peered her eyes on me as if waiting for me to say something and I took that as my queue. 

"Maggie, this is Andrew, your blind date."

Maggie only stared there in shock. Andrew tried to smile at her, I guess Arizona briefed him on Maggie when they walked up to us earlier. He was still willing to push with the date though, that made me relieved.

I gave my seat to Andrew and he gladly accepted. "Hey, I know it shocks you, I was a bit stunned too when Arizona told me about you being my blind date tonight, but consider me Andrew and not De Luca outside the hospital."

Maggie peered her eyes at him. 

Andrew continued, "Outside the hospital, I'm likeable, I promise. I won't push my idealistic thoughts on you, outside the hospital, I'm Andrew, a chill dude."

Maggie sighed and gestured for Arizona and I to give them some space. And so we did. And as we walked away from them, I saw Maggie start talking. Calmly at first and then Andrew said something that made her laugh. I considered it a success.

"Good wingmen, aren't we?" I said to Arizona. She placed her hand on my lower back leading me to the darts area, "You're the good wingman, I just went along with it."

"But Maggie wouldn't have agreed on this in the first place if it wasn't for you," 

"Mm, yeah, sure. I would rather not argue about our wingman expertise. I love you." she said and I smiled with my eyes closed at what she had just said. I turn around to kiss her.