Chapter 13

"What the hell, Callie. You think you can just show up here and tell me we can fix our marriage?" Arizona yelled, taking her distance from Callie by walking to the kitchen counter. Callie was standing by the sofa.

"I was called to the hospital, Arizona. Owen called me, remember? And I figured I can talk to you about our marriage when I accepted his call." the darker-haired woman said in calmer voice than Arizona.

"No. Our Marriage was over. It was over, alright!" Arizona yelled. "It was over. It was over. It was over." she repeated knocking it into the other woman's head.

"Was. We can- we can fix this okay? We can try again. We can start over." Callie said, helpless. Arizona looked down, not believing a word she heard. "You don't get to say that now. You could have said that before- before in therapy. When I was trying to fix our marriage. You could have said that then and there, not right now after you took our child with you to New York. Not right now after you took OUR child to New York, with your girlfriend who was not me."

Callie realized Arizona still said our child instead of 'my' unlike herself. Arizona still respected Callie as Sofia's parent even after what she did.

"I'm sorry." she said. It made Arizona stop with her rage for a moment. She sighed and mustered up the calmest voice she could, "Callie, we can't fix it now. It's been a year, and longer than that since we broke it off. You've moved on-"

"I haven't." Callie made sure to say it loud and clear. Arizona shook her head in response, "I've moved on."

"Have you?" Callie added and Arizona changed the topic not wanting to hurt Callie anymore than she has. "Point is, our marriage has been long overdue, heck, our DIVORCE is long overdue. So now I get why you keep calling it off. But this can't go on, Calliope, I have a life now, a life that doesn't revolve around you."

"Or Sofia?"

Arizona furrowed her brows at the addition. "What are you insinuating? That I don't care about our child?" she stops to gather her thoughts, "I cared, Calliope. And I still do. I cared since you tried to take her away from me and didn't succeed. My only mistake was letting her go with you in the end because she was unhappy. She wanted to see you so I had to let her, I was not stone-cold and heartless. So, yeah, don't act like I was the one who left you guys when you were the one who left and took Sofia with you in the process."

"But I can bring her back. We can go back,"

"What?" 

Callie takes a seat on the sofa and looks Arizona in the eye, something Arizona has been avoiding. "I broke it off with Penny before Owen ordered me a flight. I realized I wanted to fix this, I wanted to fix us. Penny and I weren't working, and I realized that it was because I haven't moved on. From you." Arizona looks away. "I want Sofia to have two moms, Arizona. She deserves the world and you know it too."

Arizona arrived at the hospital after fighting with her wife. She wanted to label Callie ex-wife so bad. So much so that she didn't offer Callie a ride to the hospital. She left their old apartment with one person in mind, Amelia. She knew she had responsibilities as a mother to Sofia but the kid was not even here yet, and she had to talk to girlfriend after the fiasco Callie caused yesterday.

Arizona had not left Amelia a text or anything since they were in the hospital lounge last night. But Amelia was more than sensitive to let Arizona and Callie talk. She took her half of matching jackets and went back to work.

Arizona blurred back into the present when she found Amelia enter the elevator she was on. Amelia acted nonchalant and pressed her floor. Arizona knew they had to have that conversation soon, so she did it sooner.