71. мι¢яσ∂ιѕѕє¢тισи

~You are a garden, be cautious of those you allow inside your life. They can water your garden, or they can drown it.~

A S H T O N 

It didn't take but a week to get everything, playroom included, finished. Once it was done we all sat down and sighed in relief. We rested for twenty-four hours straight, even Blake smoked with us. We were all so exhausted that we binged watched a series on Netflix and just hung out all day being lazy. It was Monday before the cable company could come and hook up our service and internet, so we had to use the hotspot on Blake's phone. It was really slow and buffered a lot, but it was a lot of fun.

Monday afternoon it was time for me to get back to school. I'd missed a bunch of it, and was pretty far behind. Despite that, I found myself flipping through the BDSM workbook Blake had made me. I was enthused as I read, tuning out the teacher and focusing on the words in front of me. 

I was so focused on my book that I didn't hear the front door close, or Puzzle and Blake walking into the dining room where I was perched with my book in my hand. Blake walked around and took the book out of my hand with a little smirk on his lips, meeting my eyes. Puzzle, seemingly oblivious, walked down the stairs to his room with a few shopping bags. "Hey daddy," I mumbled shyly. 

"Hi princess, how's school going?" He asked teasingly. "Good I suppose, since I caught you flipping through the handbook I gave you, paying no mind to your classes." 

"I'm really far behind," I admitted, "I don't even know how I got so far behind because I've been doing my coursework, it all just hit at once."

"I figured this would happen, having a week off school doesn't help anyone," Blake said and sighed deeply. "Well, reading this in class isn't going to get you caught up any faster. Focus on your schoolwork, princess. Or, I'll have to turn you over my knee." 

As the words left his mouth my cheeks blazed red, and I nodded, muted. I wanted to tell him I wanted that, but I also didn't want to fail out of school my senior year. The school had been understanding enough about my hydrocephalus, but I didn't want to push it. That was a medical emergency, this is just me being lazy. I bit my lip and glanced at my weed, then to Puzzle's door. I knew that he'd need some later, so I had been barely smoking. We needed to go get him some more really soon, but until then, I have to be cautious. 

I hadn't found my stash yet, it was mixed in with the stuff from the hotel. I know it's here, I just have to find it. I bit my lip and took a hit of the weed, turning my head and focusing on my school as best as I could. 

Math was a blur, but I managed to get all of my assignments turned in. I just hope to holy fuck that none of that is on the end-of-course exam. I'll literally melt into a puddle of acid. Science was pretty easy, I watched recordings of my missed classes, taking some time in the interim to stare out the window. When I finished my recordings for science, I got up and made a sandwich, grabbed my computer, and went out onto the back porch, sitting down and opening up the exams that went with the records. 

I sighed deeply and glanced around, feeling comforted by the silence surrounding me. I could hear the sound of the river rushing away, the sound of birds singing excitedly. In the distance, I could hear the sound of squirrels rustling the leaves and the quiet squawking of ducks. I felt a chill move down my spine as the familiar feeling of being watched began to take me over, but I breathed deeply again. 

No one knows you've moved, stupid, I chided myself, turning my head and focusing on my exam. It was pretty simple, especially after watching three recordings explaining it to me repeatedly. The monotonous of the teachers voice really helped me concentrate. Not. If I didn't take extensive notes in my classes, it was the same as if I didn't even attend class at all. I hated that part of being in online school, I just never feel like I've truly learned anything. But, it was a lot easier than a regular brick-and-morter school. I enjoyed the freedom.