The Kiss of Death

The feels are real. You have been warned.

Akira's P.O.V

And so, I jumped.

It wasn't a rasional, calculative, nor logical decision; just a deep instinct that took over my brain and my body which possessed me to leap in front of Uta, creating a barrier between him and the deadly aim at his heart.

You may call it love, but at that moment, I knew it was the only thing I could have done, logical-wise.

And for once in my life, it was the only stupid decision that I did not regret.

First, it was the chilling rush of air as I took the leap,and then my nerves system were plunged into shock as the sharp end of Gourmet's koukaku pierces into my heart, momentarily paralysing all my sensory nerves and immobilising my muscles.

And then the first feeling of pain crept to my heart, like little needles with electric impulses. My heart beats frantically to that new unwelcomed sensation.

But death loves to play; he wasn't letting me go so easily. The needles started to expand into red-hot iron rod that burned my insides. Blood from my heart spattered the face of Gourmet's shirt and I heard many gasp of shock, but I can't make out any of the voices.

I felt like I was the observer of my own pain in my own body; first the heart, then the lungs, and then it spread to my whole body like a wildfire in a dry forest, causing blood to spurt out of my mouth.

I fell backwards and was vaguely aware of Uta behind me, catching me just as I collapsed. Before my eyes slowly closed in the blinding pain, I saw a flash of familiar purple hair and a white haired boy.

And then it was black.

Uta's P.O.V

It happened too fast. One moment the girl could be safe, with the arrival of Kaneki and Touka. And then she was in his arms, dying.

In a slow motion, Uta looked back from the door of the Ghoul Restaurant and saw Kaneki and Touka. Maybe they could drag her away from this fight. When he turned back, he saw Tsukiyama's koukaku, fast coming down upon him, and he knew he was a dead ghoul.

But there was a curtain of raven black hair from his left that darted in front of him, blocking Tsukiyama out of his view. It took him one second to realise that it was Akira.

And then he saw blood spattered on Tsukiyama's face before he was knocked away by Kaneki and Touka, who both charged at him in the same time. And the girl standing in front of him fell backwards, like a puppet whose strings are cut, straight onto his arms.

He caught her, but he was too late. She was just a mere mortal after all, there is no way she could have survived this.

He kneeled down, laying her head on his leg, totally unaware of the fight between Kaneki, Touka and Tsukiyama. The world could have been set on fire, for all he cared. All he wanted was for the girl to open her eyes and be alive.

Blood was already dripping from the corners of her mouth, her lovely face slowly drained of blood as she got even paler that usual.

For the longest time, he kneeled frozen on the floor, staring at her face, completely at lost for words. This was not... This wasn't how it was supposed to be. She couldn't be dead.

Slowly, he extended his fingers and stroke her pale face gently, and feel the warmth of her breath becoming fainter and fainter.

She had jumped in front of him to save him. How could she be so stupid. He could have survived it. But not her.

As he wrapped his arms around the dying girl in his lap, he felt like a child once more, helpless and confused as an outsider to this society and community, before he found solace in art and mastered the skills of mask-making. But when this girl came to his life, it was much more than he could ever dreamed for. Finally, he gave himself a chance, a dare to hope.

But now...

There was a movement behind him. Kaneki and Touka was standing behind him, Touka gasped aloud and whispered, "A..Akira...", before breaking into quiet sobs.

A tear slowly leaked out from his own eyes; the alien warmth of the teardrop burned a cold trail on his cold face; he had never cried before, it was a new strange sensation to him. It fell to her chest where it met the blood soaked shirt she was wearing, the patch of blood on the wound where she was stabbed was getting larger by the minute.

"U-Uta... Uta-san."

Her arms raised weakly to his face, where he catched it in his own and pressed it gently to his face. Her hands were icy cold.

She coughed

Slowly, she cupped his chin and gently draw his face down to her own. Her breath fanned his face as she whispered, "Uta-s-san...I love you.. ."

Her fingers clutched his hair gently and she raised her face slightly, tilting her mouth to kiss him.

He thought about all the times she had refused to kiss her; the night at the woods, on her bed at midnight; and as her blood-stained lips softly pressed his own, he realised why. She was trying to protect him from getting too involved with her. She knew that a relationship between them could have no good ending, especially when he killed her parents, who are both Ghoul Investigators.

But now, when he finally had the chance to kiss her... It would be the first and the last they would ever share. He crushed his lips against hers, kissing her fiercely while she weakly returned his passion, but her kiss grew more and more tender before her lips finally stopped moving, and her hand dropped from his hair to the cold floor beneath.

.........

So sad.

Excuse me while I leave you hanging.

I just love plot twist, don't you?

Well, comment and vote to find out! *giggles evilly

:)

xoxoxo