Eight

Daniel's POV

I sat on the counter in the kitchen reading the bucket list that Ava had written while Jonah was next to me making coffee for the entire household. "What you got there?" Zach asked as he appeared downstairs, followed by a very sleepy Jack. 

"It's a list of all the things that Ava wants to do," I replied as I set it on the counter for the boys to see. "I plan to do all these things. The question is will management help me with the funds." 

Corbyn sat on the counter next to me as he looked at it. "Okay, well let's see." 

1. Take Mila to Disneyland

2. Visit four wonders of the world

3. Dive at the great barrier reef

4. Go on a week-long cruise

5. Go on a safari 

6. Learn a new language 

7. Swim under a waterfall (I know it's weird but it would be cool)

8. Learn to drive a stickshift

9. Get a tattoo

10. Swim with different marine life (mostly sharks, dolphins, and stingrays)

11. Play with a baby seal

12. Go off-roading

13. Makeup with my dad and tell him I love him (in person)

14. Dance with Matt Steffanina and his crew (he's my idol)

15. Marry the person I love

Corbyn grabbed his car keys and the list. "Come with me, Seavey. You boys come too." 

I followed the boys out the door, curious what we were going to do. We were driving towards Randy's house. "Really? We're on a vacation and we're heading to see the most demanding person ever?" Zach snapped from the backseat. 

Corbyn didn't respond as we parked in Randy's driveway. "Get the list and let's go, Dani," he said. 

I did as I was told and followed Corbyn inside the house. "Randy! Get down here! We need to talk!" Jonah called. 

Randy appeared downstairs looking irritated. "What? You came to make me listen to the new song again?" 

"No," Corbyn sighed narrowing his eyes. He took the list out of my hand. "We're here to ask for the funds to help Daniel's girlfriend." 

"Why would that affect me?" Randy asked. 

I thought Zach was going to punch him. Jack put a hand on his shoulder to keep him from losing it. "What if it was your daughter?" Jonah asked. "You would want her to live a full life? Especially if she was sick?" 

Randy was quiet and I was getting irritated. "Take it out of the money that I earn. I don't care. Just let me do this one thing, Randy. It's important. I don't think we have too much time." 

"Time?" Randy asked looking up from his phone. He seemed to finally have some interest in what we were talking about. 

Jack nodded. "Take it out of whatever I earn too." 

I couldn't believe it. They were really going to give me their money to spend on my girlfriend. Jonah and Zach agreed and offered their own money as well. "Guys..." 

"Don't argue. I'm not taking back the offer," Jonah said. "She needs this. Mila needs this." 

Randy took a seat at his dining room table as Jon walked into the room. I hadn't even realized he was here. If we'd known, this conversation could've been over sooner. "Why is this so important to you?" Randy asked, finally having a look of compassion in his eyes. 

I sat down and took a deep breath as I felt tears stinging my eyes. Zach put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Because she's dying Randy," Jonah said sternly. 

Randy was quiet and I saw Jon come towards me as I rested my head on the table. Jon knelt beside me so he could look me in the eyes. "Hey, buddy. We'll make sure everything she wants to do will happen." 

"Tell me the places she wants to go and Jon will make the arrangements. We can take the money out of the band account," Randy said as he stood up. "Whatever you need." 

I know this chapter is shorter but I didn't know how to end this one so there we go. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it. These next several chapters are going to be super cute. Stay safe everyone 💕