Chapter 1: Eyes of a Ranger

~3 years after Chántel left [Tadashi doesn't die, btw! I just couldn't allow it!]~

Tadashi's POV

I woke up late this morning. That was odd, considering I always woke up early. As I walked into the Lucky Cat Cafe, I saw my aunt asking a young woman for her order. She looked familiar, but I couldn't tell who she was. I grabbed a pastry and ran upstairs. I got my papers and things together then I got dressed. I put my cap on and ran downstairs with my bag.
"Bye, Aunt Cass! I'm late, I gotta get to school!" I took another glance at the lady. My aunt waved goodbye as I rushed out the door. Something struck me as too familiar.

The lady's piercing blue eyes. I recognized them from somewhere. But where? I couldn't put my finger on it. I would have to find out after class. I grabbed my motorbike and drove as fast as I could to SFIT. Hiro was already there, surprisingly. I got straight to work.

But even as I concentrated my hardest, those icy blue eyes were in the back of my mind.

Chántel's POV

Cass, the owner of the Lucky Cat Cafe
took my order with a smile. I ordered a simple coffee with sugar. I watched a young man rush down the stairs and out the door. A late kid. Goodness, as if we didn't have enough of those in the world.

But something struck as familiar. The baseball cap. A flashback ran through my mind.

~Graduation Day, San Fransokyo High~

"Promise me something, Tadashi."
"Anything, Chántel."
"Don't forget me. And don't stop helping people. You were one of my best friends. I promise I'll try to come back. Wait for me."

~end flashback~

Those words ran through my mind. The image of Tadashi wearing my hat came with it. The man running through the door was Tadashi! I had to catch up with him, find out where he was going.

I stood up and walked over to Cass.
"May I have my coffee to go, please? And can you tell me where the man who rushed out the door was going?"

Cass seemed surprised. She started fixing the coffee in a to go cup. "Why do you want to know where he's going?"
"Because he's an old friend of mine."
"Oh really? Well then, he's going to SFIT. But they wouldn't let you in, you're not a student. Wait here at the cafe for him. He'll be back this afternoon," she smiled. "What's your name, by the way?"
"Chántel. Chántel Cruz," I said.
A look of recognition crossed Cass's face. She ran around the counter to hug me. "You're back!! Oh, we've missed you! Tadashi held onto that hat like it was his life! Hiro, well, he stayed the same. Oh, you're so grown up!" Cass looked like she was about to cry.

((That was my first chapter!!! I hope y'all enjoyed it and enjoy the rest of it when I finish it! 💙💙Altern!))