Chapter 9: Saturday Song, Part 2

Tadashi's POV

I don't know what it was. Something was making me feel amazing. Maybe it was the smell of paint making me high (knew I shouldn't have stayed in there too long. I could tell that she was used to being around paint) or her voice or retrieving Winger.

Whatever it was, it made me feel like I was floating on air. Hiro shook his head when he saw me flop onto my bed and smile.
"Dude, were you around Chántel or something? You look way too happy," he laughed.
"I am not."
"You're in love with Chántel, bro. Don't deny it. And it's kinda too tell-tale, she likes you back."
"She is not in love with me, Hiro. It's just your imagination. You're just trying to make me embarrass myself in front of her," I said as I looked over at him.
"Come on, I thought you were the one telling me to believe. I guess now it's the other way around. Look at yourself! You're laying on your bed, smiling like an idiot!"
"Did you just call me an idiot?"
"No. I said that right now you are looking and acting like an idiot. Not that you are one."

I laughed. Hiro kept pressing me to ask her out. Finally, I agreed. She had said she was coming to the cafe, so when she got here I would ask her. And, hopefully, not get rejected.
~
I ran my hand through my black hair as I waited in the cafe. Eventually, she walked in. The paint smudges had been washed off, but she was still wearing the paint shirt. She had changed into ripped-up jeans and old tennis shoes.
"Hey, Tadashi. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to the park with me."

Hiro, who was sitting next to me, winked and smiled. This was my chance. In the park.

"Sure, Chántel. Umm..one question: why are you dressed like you're going to go painting?"
"Because I am! The latest addition to the park: a large wall. It was meant just for artists to paint on. They built it since the graffiti artists were painting in the city, where they're not allowed to. So since I'm going, I wanted to know if you'd come with me."

"Let's go then!" I smiled and once again, I swore she turned pink. She walked outside and got on her scooter, where she had a bag. She picked up the bag and I got on my motor bike. Together, we left to the park.
~
Once we reached the park, she carried her bag with her. She locked her scooter in place and I did the same with my motorbike. I was amazed by this 'Wall'. It was extremely tall and very long. Artists of all sorts were gathered around this wall, using paints of all sorts. Chántel ran to claim a space on the wall. I ran to the other side of the wall and claimed a space. I wanted to surprise her with something. She opened her bag and pulled out paints and brushes.

I took a few large brushes and a small black brush. She took the same and orange paint. She sketched out what it was going to be. I didn't see what she was doing. I simply began work on my project. The whole time, she sang a tune in Spanish.