Chapter 8: Saturday Song, Part 1

Chántel's POV

He turned around, surprised that I had noticed him. He stuttered as he spoke. "I came to take back my design."
"I can't let you take it back. I've already started work," I gesture to a half-finished robot. It was sleek and silver, almost like a rocket. I had taken it because it was the design I needed.

"You can't take credit for my design. I created him," Tadashi stated. It always amazed me, how he could stay so strong while most people would fall apart at their stolen design. But I had gone through this many times before.

"It's not your design anymore. I only took the basic outline. When I tried to build it in your format, it failed. So I modified it majorly. I edited it so that it could actually work. It's my design. And don't worry, I'll give you credit," I untacked the paper and handed it to him. "I've already got the finishing parts to it. You can have this back. Well, it was nice seeing you, but I have to get back to work."

I plugged my earbud back in and started singing again. I thought he had left. I was wrong. I grabbed my pallet and brush. I used the wall as my design paper. When I looked up he was staring at my design.

"Interesting usage of the mechanical wings. But they should had a slit where they can fold into easily rather than having to stay on the outside of the bot the whole time," Tadashi said as he turned around towards me. I pulled the earbud out again.
"I thought you were leaving."
"No, no. I wanted to give you your mitt. I have it with me. But I saw that you were busy. And....you've got paint on your forehead."

I remembered pushing strands of hair from my face while the brush was still in my hand. It must've hit my forehead. I set the pallet and brush down on a small table next to the mural/design and began to try to wipe the paint from my forehead. It wouldn't come off.

"Here, let me get it for you," Tadashi spoke quietly as grabbed the cloth next to my pallet and wiped it off. "It won't come off. I think you should go home and get cleaned up."

I smiled. "Yea, probably. Well, I'll stop by the cafe later."
~
We both left the building once I locked up my office. He took me to my hotel and I watched him head home to the cafe. I showered and put in some simple and casual clothing. Nothing special. Then I walked the few blocks to the cafe.