[7]

☾✧

October was even colder than September, but the rain seemed to have come to and end for the most part. They were still shivering in Herbology and in Potions because of the cold.

Rose and Regulus received an O on their essay, something that lifted the Potter girl's spirits, leaving her in a good mood for several weeks. The Black had also stopped playing with her mind and she got to see him only in classes and at breakfast; otherwise they wouldn't even exchange greetings.

Maybe it had all been an illusion and Rose was glad it came to an end since she didn't like being confused by him, it was like a game of hide and seek that had come to and end.

Amber started to suspect something because of Rose constantly drifting off from reality, she didn't like that she couldn't tell her best friend about the Regulus situation. It was better that way and her best friend would be protected in case of anything.

The DADA class was dimly lit as they entered; Amber dragged Rose to an empty desk beside the window where it was slightly colder. Amber loved the cold, a thing that annoyed the Potter girl to death; they sometimes joked about how she should have been put into Slytherin since their common room was in the dungeons and it was cold down there.

The sixth hears had been practicing non verbal spells for a month or so already and most of them had made good progress; Rose was one of the students who managed to stupefy Amber non verbally in one of their practical classes.

Regulus was of course not that far behind and he was ready to surpass her at any chance he got. It was like a funny competition between them and Rose was ready to not lose.

Mr. Horns entered the classroom quietly, startling a few of the students that were chatting away.

"Good afternoon class," he greeted, making his way towards the front of the room. He propped himself on the desk and lit up some more candles. "I'm thinking about making this a practical class again today, with the Hogsmeade trip coming I don't think anyone is interested in any of my boring theory."

He chuckled as nearly everyone nodded animatedly. The professor told them to get up and with a move of his wand, all of the desks and chairs went to the side, leaving a lot of space for them to practice.

Rose went to pair up with Amber but the professor stopped them before anyone could do the same.

"Let's change things up a little, new partners. You've worked with whoever you liked and you've learned the way they do things so new partners should be a little more of a challenge."

He started randomly assigning people and Rose groaned when Amber was paired with a Ravenclaw neither of them liked.

"Potter and Black."

Everyone stared at them in shock, it was the second time that year when the two had to pair up and people knew that besides their brothers, Rose and Regulus didn't get along well.

The Black shrugged and moved to stand in from of Rose, grinning a little.

"Looks like the universe really wants us together, darling," he whispered, getting into the usual dueling position.

Rose put up a shield non verbally as he tried to disarm her non verbally as well. "We'll see about that, Black."

They went back and forth, neither of them catching the other off guard. Professor Horns watched them curiously, they were most unusual paired together and it seemed like they knew each other's every move. He decided he would pair them together for one more class and then exchange partners again.