[22]

☾✧

"It looks like he's trying to obtain something, but it doesn't make any sense," Rose's father's voice came from behind the door, making her shiver.

"Indeed, Fleamont, the killings have also doubled."

"And he has been killing even more wizards, I've had news of purebloods found dead in their homes, some that even pledged allegiance to him."

"He didn't find the Mckinnons yet at least," Lily sounded worried, knowing that her friend Marlene was in grave danger was stressing her out more by the day.

Rose moved her ear closer to the keyhole, trying to make out the members' next words.

The Order of the Phoenix, which she wasn't a part of yet even if she was of age, was having a meeting in her dining room, which also meant that everyone from the Potter family was in there, except of her.

She was aching to be in the middle of the action and it wasn't fair that only James was there when he had graduated only a few weeks prior.

What was even more nerve wrecking was the fact that Regulus was feeding her information that could help the Order while her parents would have none of it. There was no possibility Rose could get that information, they thought. They still had no idea about Regulus, no one had.

And she didn't know if it was good for them to find out.

Rose puffed out an annoyed sigh as nothing was heard from the other side of the door. They had either finally used a charm to silence the room or they were just taking a moment of silence, which mostly meant Dumbledore was munching on some candy and was in deep thought.

Before she could get up to scurry away, the door opened and Rose felt herself falling, catching the nearest object in her hands for stability.

Unfortunately it wasn't an object, but her mum's legs and as she looked up, Rose sent her an awkward smile.

"Rose," Euphemia started, a stern expression on her face. "Didn't I tell you to stay in your room?"

The Potter got to her feet and peered into the dining room, multiple familiar and some unknown faces staring back at her. There were the Marauders, her father, Dumbledore, professor McGonagall, Mad-Eye-Moody, Marlene Mckinnon, Dorcas Meadows, Alice Forstecue, Frank Longbottom, Yaxley Shackelbolt, Xenophilius Lovegood, the Prewett twins and some other people she had no idea about.

Her brother seemed to have smoke coming out of his ears while her father was slightly red, from anger or embarrassment, she had no idea.

"You did, mum, but you and dad haven't been listening to me so maybe one of these people will."

Euphemia shook her head, grabbing her daughter's arm. "Rose, you're going back to your room, I'm taking your wand and locking you inside and then we'll have a talk, okay?" she said in a whisper, already making her way to the staircase.

"Euphemia," Dumbledore started, knocking the air out of Rose's lungs as he spoke. He was staring straight into her eyes and Rose felt that he was uncovering all her secrets, that he was piecing her out like a puzzle. He gave her a slight smile before he continued. "Let Rose talk, she is of age after all."

"With all due respect, professor Dumbledore, Rose isn't a member of this Order and she wasn't supposed to listen in on our meeting," Fleamont got out, for the first time looking at his daughter with disappointment.

"No, Fleamont, let her speak."

No one dared to utter a word after that as Euphemia closed the door and Rose was let inside the dining room. She cracked her knuckles before she spoke, her eyes only on those of her Headmaster's.