[17]

☾✧

The two sat in the library, huge, old books scattered all over the table. Regulus massaged his temples as he glanced at the brunette; she looked like she would fall asleep at any second, the words making her eye lids heavy.

He gently closed the book on Dark Magic and Its Origins, causing her to look at him.

"You look exhausted," Regulus whispered, wordlessly charming the books to take their places back on the shelves.

"I kind of am, not gonna lie," she muttered, letting her head fall on the back of the armchair; she closed her eyes.

Regulus studied Rose, she looked so shiny under the candle light, but there were slightly dark circles under her eyes and her features were tense.

"Did you get any sleep last night?"

Rose sighed, not opening her eyes. "Four hours. The school work is killing me."

"You can try and drop some of your classes."

"I don't think I can and I don't really want to, I want to be able to fight, Reggie."

He loved how his nickname sounded when she said it.

"Alright. If you need help with anything, you know I'm here."

They were the only ones left in the library at that point; many had already went up to their common rooms while others had Quidditch practice or club activities.

March was treating them better than February even if the cold wasn't gone quite yet.

"But you're still overworking yourself."

"I've seen the amount of work Remus has to do daily, believe me, it will be much worse next year."

"I just hope we can study in peace next year," he muttered, resting his head in his palm.

"Regulus," Rose started. Her tiredness was gone a little and her eyes were looking at him with intensity. "We haven't talked about-"

She was right, they hadn't talked about what happened in potions two weeks before. Neither was able to mention it and didn't seem to mind.

"Potions, right. What do you think about it?" Regulus asked her.

"I don't know," she whispered.

"Maybe we're not ready yet, we can talk about it later."

She nodded, getting to her feet. The two picked up their stuff and exited the library before their very annoying librarian, Madam Pince, could drive them away with her yells.

They walked through the deserted corridors, a comfortable silence over the place. The sun was down completely and the figures on the Quidditch pitch could no longer be seen from the castle's windows.

The two stopped in one of the corridors no one would think to walk in, seating themselves on a window sill. Rose rested her cheek against the cold glass of the window, gazing at the darkness.

"We haven't found anything so far," she whispered.

"It's only been two months, we can't lose hope just yet," he assured Rose, giving her a little smile.