[14]

☾✧

Rose and Lily were both decorating the Christmas tree, one with magic and the other one complaining about having to do it by hand.

Lily had joined them a few days before the incident, the winter break almost a week in.

Euphemia and Fleamont absolutely loved the redhead and so did Rose, finally getting a break from always being surrounded by the boys on Christmas; she also couldn't wait for Amber to come over for New Years.

"So, is my brother treating you right?" Rose asked, reaching for another globe.

Lily blushed a little. "For all the hell I've given him these past years he's actually amazing."

"You never know a person truly if you don't make any effort into getting to know them."

"He was too much of an asshole before."

"Only because he wanted to be cool for you."

"That didn't work, did it?" the two laughed, Lily levitating an angel on the top of the three. "What about that mysterious boy you said you hated?"

Now it was Rose's turn to blush crimson. "There's nothing going on, we're friends and we sit together in potions, that's it."

Lily threw her a knowing look.

The boys entered the living room, an annoyed Remus trailing behind them.

"Mom said we should help you," James announced, coming to stand next to his sister.

"We're almost done so no much help," Lily groaned.

"What were you two talking about?" Sirius asked, curiosity dripping from his tone. "We've heard your voices before coming here.

Rose shrugged. "We were just trashing on, James."

The brunette was suddenly in the air, thrown over her brother's shoulder.

"Prongs!" Remus hissed. "Put her down!"

James laughed. "So you were trashing on me, little sister?"

She didn't say anything; instead Rose licked his elbow, causing James to drop her quickly.

"You!" he yelled as Rose ran faster than the lighting out of the room.

James almost made Euphemia fall over while running; the poor woman was just bringing them warm cookies. Lily's yells were lost in the ruckus as the Potter boys disappeared out of sight.

Sirius and Peter were on the floor, rolling from laughter while Remus looked disappointed and Lily cracked a little smile.

"What just happened?" Euphemia asked, sitting the plate full with cookies on the coffee table.

"Rose licked James' elbow."

-

They were all around the tree, presents being distributed to each of them. Rose was amazed by the things her brother got her and she knew they were materials for jokes. She decided she would leave them for later since one of her dorm mates was always stealing one of her favorite tops.