[4]

☾✧

"You know, it'd be easier if I understood what he wants from me, this whole week my head spun every time he-" Rose ranted as Amber chuckled at the girl's frustration.

The clock in the kitchen struck 12, letting them know that it was finally Saturday.

The week had been indeed hectic and full of hard classes, stressed teachers, long essays and rainy weather. Rose and Amber could finally enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and cookies in the kitchen but they knew their happiness would be short lived since they needed to get to the Gryffindor tower unnoticed and wake up to piles upon piles of homework that they had to get done until their next week.

"-and now he's acting like nothing even happened, just occasionally staring at me, like damn man you need to get your priorities straight before you do all of that." Rose continued, her nose scrunching up adorably.

"Rose, honey, this is hilarious," Amber said, taking a big sip of her drink.

"Meaning?" the brunette raised an eyebrow.

"It actually sounds like you're starting to like the guy."

Rose's eyes went wide. "No, no, no, this is just his way of tormenting me and I'm only complaining about it."

"Are you though?"

"Amber you're being ridiculous."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!" Rose snapped, but immediately felt bad about it. "I'm sorry, Ber, I'm just very tired and annoyed and confused; my head's a total mess."

Amber shook her head and caught her in a hug. "It's alright, sweetheart, you're just stressed, it happened to me in the past every time a boy-" she raised her hand in defeat when the Potter girl sent her a glare. "Okay, I get it. Maybe we should just go back to the Gryffindor tower and sleep, there's a long day ahead of us and I'd rather get some more hours of sleep since I kind of have to catch some constellations tomorrow."

Rose agreed, so the girls got up, thanked the house elves and then they quietly made their way out of the kitchen.

The corridors were deserted and slightly cold, leaving them to wrap their sweaters tightly around their bodies. The girls made sure to walk fast but quietly, hiding in different corners if they sensed anyone close.

Who would of thought that right before they got to the Gryffindor tower, a little snake would catch them red handed.

Regulus whistled quietly from behind, startling Rose. She turned around, her wand at the ready.

"Come on now, Potter, we wouldn't want anyone to get injured here," Regulus sang, taking her wand and carefully inspecting it.

"Give that back, Black," Amber hissed, gripping her own wand tightly.

"Somerville, I suggest you go to your tower before I get you and Potter here in trouble."

Amber furrowed her brows. "You forget I'm a prefect as well?"

"A prefect who's not on duty tonight, now go away."

"Go Amber, I'll be alright," Rose whispered, staring at Regulus.

The blonde shrugged and did as said, looking back every few seconds before she disappeared behind a corner.

Regulus finished with her wand and gave it back, leaving Rose skeptical.

"Listen, Black, I know I've already asked you a lot of times already but-" Rose started, but the Black boy shut her up with a finger on her lips.

"I really like teasing you, you know?"